• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"...runners

I love it when the tenellus is running, excitement in slow motion :)

Chris

chump54 said:
excitement in slow motion :)

i do miss the excitement of a real high tech set up, but I don't miss the work that goes into one of these set ups. I'm really nagging the wife to let me have the 60cm set up, but that just isn't working. :(

time for a new wife?..... :silent:

here's the obligatory shot of runners

the power head blew some of the substrate revealing the runners

runners-1.jpg

viktorlantos said:
yummie. looking at your photo one thing i want to do. buy some soil and plant to redo my tank. looks really nice already. :D

cheers viktor. :thumbup:

The one thing that I'm impressed with is the substrate. This is now the 3rd tank with the same soil, and it's like it's brand new. No break down or clouding ;) The new bag that i added, went in first, not last.

All done! 8 pots of acicularis, split and planted.

The impression it gives is quite something, softening the whole look. Just need some time for it to get long. 8)

Re: "Prairie Lands"...Acicularis added

samc said:
it looks great used as the only background plant.

Thats what i've done mate :D

partly covering the back left corner, up to the left stone and from the back right corner right over to the middle stone. I've left a gap or 'empty space' between the left and middle stone. :thumbup:

Re: "Prairie Lands"...Acicularis added

For those may be interested, (Samc :lol: )

here's the comparison shot.

with a slight change in the right stone, hopefully the stones should 'soften' in look once everything has grown in and around them.

Prairie-Lands-1.jpg

the fore/midground has grown in a bit, so it's not looking how it was from being planted.

2week-gumi-1.jpg

With a slightly different regime to normal, and at 2 weeks old, this again is spotless, but with good strong growth.

thanks for looking

Re: "Prairie Lands"...full tank

As a keen photographer, I always try to look for different angles and try and utilise my lenses.

Another benefit, is having full time back-lighting to call on at any time. It means I don't have to get the flash out all the time.

Anyway, I'm searching for some good angles for the final tank shots, and what works well is getting real close to the floor and shooting upwards.

angles2.jpg

The next thing on the 'list' is what fish i put in their. A single shoal of...? not sure as yet.

Re: "Prairie Lands"...The return

Mark Evans said:
(...) tenellusand crypts! you can see, this is really simple. (...) acicularis next.
Are you sure Mate? Your FG looks like Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis to me. So it made me suspicios over the Tenellus thing, and I came over this image, which - if I can read right - says you have Lilaeopsis... ;) :crazy: :wideyed: :D

Mark Evans said:

Re: "Prairie Lands"...full tank shot

if you go back keymaker, you'll see that i've planted in stages.

liliaeopsis, then I said tenelus and crypts, then later still, acicularis. The comment about being simple, is just that. A simple layout.

lilaeopsis,
tenellus
crypts
and grass

The tenellus is to the righ and left foreground keymaker. It's a different form to normal ;)

It might well be the previos images not showing it too well.

this may show better.

lil-and-ten.jpg

it's way shorter than the normal stuff i've grown, and is settling in slowly.

There's much to report.

firstly, there wont be any images from anytime soon. my PC has gone down big time. i've also lost about 20% of my recent images :( (including george's)

I can only report via words now, so my journal should get even more boring :lol:

i've added 3 ottos and 4 SAE's all of which are doing a great job of scoureing the whole tank.

Growth is excellent, and i reckon in no time at all, i should see the whole substrate covered/carpeted.

What i've found most impressive is the 'lower' light and ferts approach. co2 still high.

Back