• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... trim no.1

I don't think it's that Hc would look stupid more that it's just the wrong plant for this scape, it would work but I don't think it's the right choice. Moss would look great, especially if punctuated by hairgrass and hydorcotyle, I'm thinking like in those woodland pictures you took.

Hahaha, I knew it, could resist a tinker. I'm surprised you've not invested in a par meter, something that takes the dark arts out of growing plants I thought would be well up your street?

Garuf said:
I don't think it's that Hc would look stupid more that it's just the wrong plant for this scape

true. I will venture into the 'wild' look. so expect a few changes in this tank.

my initial thoughts of '12 weeks and it's done' have disappeared, and for the first time I'm actually thinking along the lines of several months for this to become what it should be.

Thanks for the input Garuf :thumbup:

sanj said:
Wild is my favourite kind of scape.

cool! 8)

So, lowering the light intensity has proven to be a good thing. The diatoms, have slowed dramaticly.

I have a feeling I know what direction Mark is heading with this.

The question is, can Mark see it through to the end this time?! Come on, Mark. Don't let us down mate! :D

I'm offering 5:1 odds that Mark strips this down before the 4 month point!

Seriously though mate, this has some great potential. Once the plants (new and old) soften those strong stones more, and with an appropriate background, you're on to a winner...

Keep up the great work.

George Farmer said:
I reckon he's siphoning the water and substrate as we speak!

JamesM said:
You'll set the rebellious side of Bob off! It'll be stripped down by the weekend now

awww, guys! ye have little faith! :lol:

6 weeks this weekend, surely thats 'tank finished'? :thumbup:

No?..... :woot: what do you mean... NO!

ooops, better put the water back in :lol:

what with George and James, thinking I'll rip this down, it got me thinking about the 'final' shots.

After many attempts with the black, i keep coming back to my blue sky theme.

This shot represents what the final shots will look like.

Hopefully, some of you may approve?

final-thoughts.jpg

let me know what you think fellow Uk hobbiests :thumbup:

Re: "Prairie Lands"... final tank shots...ideas

Liking that blue background a lot! Is it the gradient one you used on your nano? If not then give that a try too maybe?

The blue is complimentary to the orange of the fish so makes them stand out more.

Nice one Mark! :D

I approve. The blue gives a realistic sky-effect, with the planting representing grass very nicely.

The fish almost look out of place with such an accurate interpretation of a land-based vista!

Shot is excellent, and blue really makes the harl's pop

Hi Mark,blue background for me too,i think it gives a more realistic and natural feel to the shot,
regards,
john.

OK, thanks guys for the input :thumbup:

Blue has allways been my fave, so i'll stick with it.

Neil! this isnt graduated, but a normal bit of light blue card. A little more subtle. I'll try the grad one though.

Here's a short vid, with tank lights and the grad blue. best viewed @ 720p or 1080p if you can.

http://www.youtube.com/user/plantedbox?feature=mhum

cheers everyone.

George, James...it's still up and running :lol: you owe me money now!

cheers Mark, your captures are great as always. :thumbup:
I am thinking about that the green plants gets too blury and too light with this setup.
don't you think a bit darker green with this background you use would look better?
like on this image:

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo- ... ground.php

or here:

http://gzcreative.net/SETMeadow1.htm

no offense but a bit more contrast may would work better. i know it't not easy to play this out with the lights.

Back