• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... final tank shots...ideas

great links viktor.

Yes, i agree. I do tend to shoot with a lot of contrast, and recently, I've turned it down a little, because i thought it was too much. I'll turn up to number 10 again.

I'm concerned for the videos, and take into consideration, other peoples monitors. I've watched my vids and pics on other peoples computers, and they all look different.

aquatic plants are lighter than terrestrial though? I think plant choice leads to bright greens. I'll play about a bit viktor :thumbup:

thanks man!

I've been to MA @ cambridge today.

I bought 5 more ottos, Top quality fish as it happens. All of their stock is top notch. 8)

Re: "Prairie Lands"... trim no.1

Mark Evans said:
what with George and James, thinking I'll rip this down, it got me thinking about the 'final' shots.

After many attempts with the black, i keep coming back to my blue sky theme.

This shot represents what the final shots will look like.

Hopefully, some of you may approve?

final-thoughts.jpg

let me know what you think fellow Uk hobbiests :thumbup:

That is one stunning shot.......agree with the pale blue background. :clap:

My battle with diatoms, is just about over. The addition of ottos has helped a little, but the main change came about from lower light intensities.

the ottos, clinging to glass

FROM-THE-SIDE.jpg

Re: "Prairie Lands"... Diatoms...over!

I have noticed my algae disappear when I went from 6x24w to 2x24w and the plants just keep growing, high light is over rated ;) tank is looking good

LondonDragon said:
high light is over rated

whilst this is true for many, I'm still a fan of it...when things stabilize.

so, nearly 8 weeks old..i think, or maybe 7 here's a full tanks shot.

The Lilaeopsis brasiliensis is coming back very short...which is good.

The tenellus is also growing forwards mixing nicely with the Lilaeopsis brasiliensis . I may even leave the whole set up as it is.

I think the key to the appearance will be the selective trimming. just trimming certain areas to create some 'highs' and 'lows' within the tank.

For once, i don't want to strip a tank down :lol:
fts2.jpg

Bloody stunning. Those rocks must be massive, I hadn't realised until this photograph as it now gives a sense of scale. I may have missed it but what type of stone is that? Lots of lovely detail to it. Awesome.

Looking very nice Mark,i would be chuffed to have that in my lounge,

regrads,
john.

john starkey said:
Looking very nice Mark,i would be chuffed to have that in my lounge,

cheers john, hopefully you'll see it in the next couple of months

Cheers Neil :thumbup:

NeilW said:
Those rocks must be massive, I hadn't realised until this photograph as it now gives a sense of scale

there huge mate. a good 15KG each maybe (the 2 big ones) The stone is called 'coppice green granite' from CAD stone supplies. 13p per kilo :p

What you cant see from the image is the acicularis. It's doing really good now, and is slowly growing upwards and hopefully should grow above the tenellus, to give another dimension to the tank.

In time, I'll cut 'pathways' upto the crypts, so they can be seen to.

The tank looks great mark and how much flow have you got in that tank?

cheers mate.

I'm using a filter rated @ 1500lph and a korolia no3.

you can see from the image, which way the flow goes and that the flow gets to every part of the tank.

The drop checker is in the place least likely to receive co2 enriched water (directly underneath the filter outlet, at ground level.) , and still remains yellow. :thumbup:

even with a lowish light, this tank pearls quite intensely of an evening.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... @ 8 weeks

The final in-situ shot, for the 8 week update.

OCD lovers, will love this pic..untidy, unlevel, etc etc...must tap finger,123,123 ... :lol:

fts1-1.jpg

i'm off to get some fish now

Lovin it Mark!

Personally i like to see some of the real shots, the unkept and unlevel type shots show us that its not perfect 24/7. Mine always gets a little attention just b4 a photo shoot.

cheers Andy.

I'm still having doubts about the fish. Their nice, but they are all of different sizes and colours. I may just get rid of them and go to a decent MA, and by fish that all look the same.

I've seen some amazing golden gouramis today, they may look different to the norm :idea:

I do apologies for posting unnecessarily, but i can only talk 'fishy' on here. no one else listens :lol:

I've purchased another 12 harlys, all the same colour! this has now made me decide 100% that any fish in the tank of an odd size or colour must go. The espei, actually looks amazing now, luminous almost, but he must go.

stocking so far is about 25 harlys, 8 ottos and 4 SAE's

thanks

No apologies necessary; I know the feeling when you're really excited about something 'fishy' and al you get back is that look which says "I'm trying to look interested but what you're saying means absolutely nothing to me, now can I get back to watching the footy/x-factor/insert other tv program?"

Back