• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... @ 8 weeks

were just left to our own devices eh :? partners just 'nod' a lot.

An evening alone, I've taken a bit of time swapping tubes, to see what different tubes do for an image. quite interesting actually.

I do this because I'm fanatical! and also unhappy with the colour of the current tubes. :? ADA NAG green called for?...maybe. In the meantime...cheap will do.

Constantly on the look for a great looking image, I've tried to change the colour appearance of this photo. To try and achieve something that looks less 'green' and more 'real' On my monitor, i do think this looks 'film' like

colour-experiments-B.jpg

That is a great image. The colours and textures are sublime.

My only minor niggle is the top of the main stone looks a little washed out. Too much dodging in PS?

This is the 'trouble' with good photography. Any minor flaws stick out like a sore thumb.

Your tanks just keep getting better and five star photography as usual, just find it hard to comment on these other than keep saying amazing all the time haha great work Mark, have to see one of your creations in the flesh someday

cheers guys, it means a lot. Truly.

I've just swapped my osram 880 for a second JBL natur tube. :D loving this light.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... more crypts!!!

I've decided to add a few crypts. crypt bullosa to be precise.

This is kinda strange adding plants to a tank, something I'm not used to.

anyway, from the image, you can see I've put the around the stones. and hopefully in time, they'll bush out :D

crypts-1.jpg

Feedback is always welcome :thumbup:

looks like a natural placing of the crypt in between the rock. I see you still have the rogue Harliquin! lol

What is the lighting now Mark, are you using 2x Natur bulbs? I have invested in another natur t5. They do look great, in a pair, even if they are 9000k. They look really fresh.

misscaretaker said:
Those Crypts really lift the whole scape IMO, a nice contrast to the 'grassy' leaves.

thanks jo :thumbup:

Tony Swinney said:
Hi Mark
I haven't been around much, but catching up on things now - i love this scape and think the crypts are a great addition, just adds a bit more interest whilst not overcomplicating things. Great photography as always too

Tony

well, hello stranger :D i'm a man always trying to keep up with your good self.

Here's the last image for this week. :angelic:

crypt2.jpg

What i must add is, this crypt wont stay green. It's a browny red variety with undulated/bullated leaves, so should add a splash of colour.

I am intrigued to see how this turns out crypt could become a cool focal point.
Good work as always!

andyh

andyh said:
I am intrigued to see how this turns out crypt could become a cool focal point.

me to mate. I'm hoping they look a bit like weeds in a garden though, rather than something that distracts the eye

testing-images.jpg

I don't know whether its the lighting, vibrant greens, blue sky or the 'weeds' you've added but its looking more 'english country garden' then sterile japanese modernism which is a nice touch. Great work as always :thumbup:

NeilW said:
I don't know whether its the lighting, vibrant greens, blue sky or the 'weeds' you've added but its looking more 'english country garden' then sterile japanese modernism which is a nice touch. Great work as always

Neil, thanks man. most wont believe it, but this is the exact look i'm after.

I've touched on this subject in the past, drawing inspiration from our very own gardens.

For me, crypts represent dandelions, and the grasses?...well the usual untidy grass in a garden or country side.

This comment for me Neil, means a lot...i'm on the right track. :thumbup: Thanks again mate

IS very clean and I like the blue sky behind the picture. Maybe a new style for Europe or UK with a more minimal appearance.

Agree with the garden statement, exactly what it reminds me of know with the addition of the crypts.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

This 'english garden' theme is good with me. A more naturel gadren, countryside view.

I do think though, the background gives an 'outdoor' feel?

Mark Evans said:
Thanks guys :thumbup:

This 'english garden' theme is good with me. A more naturel gadren, countryside view.

I do think though, the background gives an 'outdoor' feel?

This May Sound Corny, but why not try a background of an Ivy clad wall/fence.

Back