• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... decided on fish

It's been chewing me up for a while now, but finally I've decided i want to rescape. After Christmas maybe.

The tank is ready for pics right now, but I've got to get the fish, then take the pics.

So in classic, 'saintly' style another 3 month wonder. Man, do gumis get boring or what? :lol:

The next journal, may be very interesting indeed.....2 journals at the same time! :D I may replace the 120cm with 2 x 60cm sided by side! ;)

tata for now :wave:

Re: "Prairie Lands"... coming to an end

George Farmer said:
or "one minute Mark"!

that's what natt calls me :wideyed:

yep the old saintly magic eh....cant keep nothing up for long term.

here's from yesterday and probably the last pic until AIPLC contest images etc...

almost-doe.jpg

thanks peeps

2 x 60's?

Have you had a permission slip signed for that? :lol: :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Andy

andyh said:
Have you had a permission slip signed for that?

my mummy...errr wife, says yes :lol:

actually, i was going to correct what I'd wrote about a rescape. :oops: A change of mind. The last couple of days have seen the tank take a really nice turn.

Oddly enough when i stopped dosing 3 days ago. :wideyed:

It'd be a real stupid thing for me to do. 3 months then rip it down?...crazy I'd say.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, i just needed to create a 'proper' iwagumi, with no stems!

This tank has taught me no end. with low plant mass (ish) getting the balance right was fun to say the least, but i did eventually work it out. Without no shadow of a doubt,with what I've learnt, i'm massively confident for future tanks

Then....2 x 60's :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Then....2 x 60's

The plan for this is, 2 60cm tanks on the same stand. The luminaire will power both. It'll let me expand my portfolio to.

having one tank for so long, stunts creativity

A bit of 'selective trimming' and this should be good to go.

black.jpg

I hate the black by the way 8)

Arana said:
Stunning Mark

Thanks mark :thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:
Lovely textures. Loving these different leave shapes.

now I've decided to go the whole hog, I'll work on emphasizing the 'textures' trimming is key, to cut away bits to add 'flat' areas and more dense patches for depth.

I know it's looking OK, because the wife actually commented on it saying how nice it looks...very strange indeed :shifty:

Re: "Prairie Lands"... from fe's to big cylinder

I've held a BOC account now for about 4 years, but its not until today i thought I'd save some money on CO2 :woot:

it dwarfs my Fe cylinder

co2-1.jpg

Mark,can you tell me how tall that cylinder is and how much it costs.is there a rental charge :D .
cheers.

nelson said:
Mark,can you tell me how tall that cylinder is and how much it costs.is there a rental charge .

I'm not sure of the precise weight, neither was the guy @ BOC, but roughly i think it's about 9-11kg.easily 4 FE's

It's 60cm tall

it's cost me £23 initial charge and £6.00 per month rental. To refill it'll cost £11.00

I've got it as a vapour instead of liquid. I wasn't too sure if it was right as FE's are liquid. It works perfectly fine though.

I think pressure is different with liquid and vapour. The result is the same.

hopefully, i shouldn't have to hunt for FE's from now on. I've got one as a spare when this gets swapped

Just a quicky.

The tenellus has taken over now, which i'm happy about.

This weekend will see a trim to produce (hopefully) some more depth. I'm going to cut a 'line' into the tenellus at the front pain of glass.It wont be straight, but rather follow a imaginary line in front of the stones.

I'm not sure it'll work but I'll try.

I'm so glad i didn't rip this down. :D

As promised, a trim.

I went and cut the foreground how i said, but it didn't look right. Instead, I've flattened it. I was amazed at how much lilaeopsis there was.

before...

pl.jpg

and after...

trim-3-1.jpg

There's still a huge way to go. The right side is desperate for some 'shape'

Back