• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pre or Post stripdown

Carpman

Just a few questions ...

1. When you strip your tanks down do you get your shrimp out pre or post plant removal?
  2. If the above is post how do you see them or do you wait for the water to clear again? will the soil disruption cause and danger?
  3. How do you catch your shrimp?

1. Post plant removal (you'll never get all of them with anything left in there
  2. Wait for water to clear, i always dose prime for the full tank to help with any potential ammonia spikes even if only for an hour or 2
  3. Big net and thrash about wildly......nah i usually just herd them into a corner and keep scooping up till all are caught

e25dd01bcbfcc4944a650d1da97c34db.jpg

It's free and easy to make all you have to do is add a few shrimp pellets and they will go into the bottle. Another benefit is you do not stir up the tank at all. Don't drill big holes in the bottle top.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

e25dd01bcbfcc4944a650d1da97c34db.jpg

It's free and easy to make all you have to do is add a few shrimp pellets and they will go into the bottle. Another benefit is you do not stir up the tank at all. Don't drill big holes in the bottle top.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:
This is the method I'm using at the mo but with bottle and big coke bottle so plenty of room

This is what I had to detail with, prior to stripping out some of the stonework. Excuse the picture quality it was taken from a video clip.
20200108_170445_Moment.jpg

Ps I found my first Kamikaze shrimp yesterday hiding/dead under my sofa about 5ft from tank is this a common thing with open topped tanks? (not using tank lid because light is poor so I decided to use spare Chihiro's instead)

20200114_065842.jpg
And this is where the little wander was found, underneath the side with throw on more towards the middle so god only knows how he got there...o_O

Back