• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pre-order acrylic 12" cubes for sale

Garuf

Hello everyone,
I've been hunting about lately for some acrylic cubes I've found a couple of sellers who'd be prepared to make them as a batch to order. As of yet I have no prices (other than on single units) but since I'd be selling those I have spare what would you be prepared to pay?

You'd be getting a fire-polished acrylic 12' cube and delivery in 6mm crystal acrylic. So far the best I've got with delivery is £55 which I understand is a lot. If the numbers where right I'm sure I can get it much lower, I'd contacted one seller who wanted me to order a minimum of 30!

Anyone got anyone suppliers I should contact? I feel like I've spoken to them all!

****Edit- I've changed the title to suit the post better- Looking for people to "go in with" so to speak on a bulk order of 12" cubes. Prices to be confirmed once all interest is assessed. Thank you

Re: How much would you pay for a acrylic 12' cube

Garuf said:
Hello everyone,
I've been hunting about lately for some acrylic cubes I've found a couple of sellers who'd be prepared to make them as a batch to order. As of yet I have no prices (other than on single units) but since I'd be selling those I have spare what would you be prepared to pay?

You'd be getting a fire-polished acrylic 12' cube and delivery in 6mm crystal acrylic. So far the best I've got with delivery is £55 which I understand is a lot. If the numbers where right I'm sure I can get it much lower, I'd contacted one seller who wanted me to order a minimum of 30!

Anyone got anyone suppliers I should contact? I feel like I've spoken to them all!
Grauf, just to clarify, do you mean 12 inches (not feet)??? otherwise i guess £55 is pretty good. :D

Chris

Yes, I meant inches! Oops.
I've contacted another manufacturer I can get the price down to £40 posted but I'd need to order 20+ I don't think there's that much interest!

Neil, I tried one of those cubes and it got stress cracks in it after a few days, I don't think it'd be suitable I'm afraid. :(

Garuf said:
Neil, I tried one of those cubes and it got stress cracks in it after a few days, I don't think it'd be suitable I'm afraid. :(

Ahh thats a shame, I always wondered so thats answered my curiosity :thumbdown:

Garuf said:
Hello everyone,

Hi, could you PM me the details of the supplier that quoted you for the 30cm cube @ £55 including delivery? I would like to buy two or more...

Re: How much would you pay for a acrylic 12" cube

Luis, I've pm'd you.

If anyones interested in buying one drop me a pm, this will give me an idea of numbers and I can then work out prices. I'm wont be taking any profit this is purely for the sake of the hobby and so I can get myself a nice acrylic cube for less than £55! Remember Acrylic is clearer than optiwhite, A lot cheaper than optiwhite and is easily customisable for those who want to add drains or turn them into vivariums.

PM if you're interested and I'll get back to you ASAP with prices.

Title change, looking to pre-order cubes with. As previous post, I'll not be making any profit, this is soley for the hobby.

Depends, I'm ordering one as a one off to check the quality and a few other things. Regarding a warrenty I'm not sure, there wouldn't be one from me as I'd be just a middle man, any issues I would then take up with the manufacturer. I really can't see any, the manufacturer has aerospace experience and that's much more demanding than 30kg's worth of water. :p

I know someone that makes cubes but in glass where the corners are cut at a 45 degree angle, so you don't notice much silicone in them ;) Could also PM details. Note its in glass.

Yeah, but the joy of Acrylic is that it's optically perfect up to a thickness of 1inch. That's higher clarity than optiwhite by about 60% according to the blurb. I can get cubes off the peg for £20 in glass but I'd like to give acrylic a try for it's higher clarity.

Also, if anyone's interested, black or white bases can be supplied for £1 extra.

I can inquire. The options I was given were black, white, or clear. You'd only see the base from the top if it had no substrate in, when you do you'd only see the 6mm of it along the bottom, like I say I'll enquire for you. :)

Hello, black white or clear are the only options I'm afraid Hogan.

If I order 5 tanks they'll be £32 WITHOUT postage, If I can get 20 orders together the price will be £26 WITHOUT postage. 40 orders, £24. I don't think 40 is likely though.
I've been quoted £10 postage each unit but I'm certain I can get this greatly reduced if I can find a local currier who'll do small batches.

I can do, yeah, they're pretty slow on replies so I expect a reply monday, Luis. I'll inquire about the warrenty thing, I'll concede I know nothing about this area of things.

Thanks..

This is the time to get a new tank, I got a aluminium stand that could do with a new tank.. :) Just need to check the prices.

Regarding warranty we will see what they say, should be ok, but better to know what is possible to get.

Garuf said:
I've been quoted £10 postage each unit but I'm certain I can get this greatly reduced if I can find a local currier who'll do small batches.

I use parcel monkey collect from your house cheap as well

Back