• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review Precision Flow Controller - Beta Testers required

Mine also arrived. Same as others I will have to wait until the weekend when I'm about all day to adjust things. As previously mentioned I purchased a similar item that wasn't that good. First impressions on this is that it's a lot better made and robust. Hopefully it will solve the issues I have been having where it's feast or famine.

Having a bit of trouble with mine. I can't appear to switch the gas off at all. When the needle valve is screwed right in gas is still coming through the bubble counter quite fast.

I'm not seeing that problem.
In fact I had to unscrew the valve to the point shown in the pic below to get the CO2 to flow. Got good bubble adjustment over a range of about half a turn from that point. I felt it was easier to adjust than other needle valves I've tried.

edy9y4ut.jpg

Pic of my very unsophisticated test rig.
yby3ezu4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: tim
Hello all,

Any comments or suggestions?

I have another flow controller to test.
Unfortunately we have only one peace to test and I would like to give it to someone who will be able give very detailed comparison of both controllers.

This is what I'll have to test :
(Camozzi is one of the best companies in pneumatics)

9474390a-2c9d-4c38-9d5a-9d3e00e8e5a7_762x800.jpg

Hello all,

Any comments or suggestions?

I have another flow controller to test.
Unfortunately we have only one peace to test and I would like to give it to someone who will be able give very detailed comparison of both controllers.

This is what I'll have to test :
(Camozzi is one of the best companies in pneumatics)

9474390a-2c9d-4c38-9d5a-9d3e00e8e5a7_762x800.jpg

I will? :)

Nathaniel I think you would be a good person to try this out. I have read many of your journals and I would like to read one on this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any more feedback from you guys yet ?

I'm awaiting an in tank atomizer, then I'll post up a review. Comparing it in the flesh to a more expensive 'Camozzi' brand, the two look and feel very similar. Threads are nice and tight, so I'm expecting good flow control.

Reactions: tim
Hi all,

I have PM'd Karol with my findings and i'm sure she won't mind saying here, but i found the test unit didn't work as well as I expected as much as i wouldn't change the standard one for the test unit.

In summary:

I get inconsistent bps between the solenoid switching on/off with the standard unit hence i'm looking for something more controlled/consistent.

The test unit was set to 1bps then switched off at which point there was a purge of gas for a few seconds, on switching solenoid back on no gas flowed until i adjusted it again.

Applying minor side pressure to the adjuster screw with fingers when unit on resulted in a much higher flow of gas (not turning in/out - just applying pressing on the adjuster). Could be an issue if FE/cylinder gets wedged back into a busy cabinet and does the same thing.

Considering the amount of in/out adjustment on the test unit, the actual gas delivery range seemed very small, it seemed to be all or nothing.

Those were key points that meant i wouldn't swap this over.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi all, as mentioned I received mine this morning and I will test it this weekend. Would it help for a fine bubble rate tuning to put it between the reg+solen+needle valve and the bubble counter?
This would mean to add an additional needle valve, well let's say a flow controller after the needle valve...

Jordi

Anyone else had same issues ?

Hi. I've just installed a Camozzi. As it's already for sale at a local company I thought I'd try it.

I'm sorry to say it seems even more over-sensitive than the original needle valve I have. Just touching- not even turning- the adjustment knob can change the bubble rate from 1 bps to an uncountable rate. Bottle pressure is 60 bar and the working pressure about 2.7 bar.

P

Hello All,

Good news, SMC valves arrived. I tested myself and need to say, for such small peace of equipment it does really good job!

Who would like to test it? I think would be good if someone who had all our valves so far ? This way we will be able to compare it.

Second valve should go to someone who have nano tank and needs bubble rate under 1 bubble per second.

I'll send you complete set with extension, so all what you need to do is screw it on top of existing needle valve, fully open old needle vale and fine tune on SMC.

Let me know who is interested.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back