• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review Precision Flow Controller - Beta Testers required

Karol,

I will be able to try and report back on the camozzi one this weekend, i've been reluctant to touch my set up for a few days as it seems dialled in and i'll have to reset it all when testing. But i'll get it tested at the weekend as i'm having some tank upheavel anyway :) lol

Rob

Got mine too
I've just set it up on my 60l tank and am really pleased with it. Its really easy to control bubble count even at low rates like 1 bubble every 5 seconds. I'll have a proper play over the weekend, try it in the 35l tank and report back. This is in a different league to all the others I've tried. I think you'll sell a lot of these once the word gets out
My only dislike is the push fitting, I prefer the type on all your other flow controllers.

Good news! Thank you!

We have solution for push-in connector; small adapter with standard tubing connector end which you will push in into this valve, then you can attach bubble counter or tubing to it.

Andy, did you had Camozzi for tests yet ? If not would you like to test it and give us comparison ?

I haven't had/tried the camozzi yet but would be more than happy to compare them for you.
I wont use a push in adaptor in the system because it adds an extra joint which can leak. I'll just have to mount it into the cabinet properly instead
Do you know the cv values for both these valves. I imagine smc and camozzi will be pretty equal on manufacturing quality.

Nice one, I'll send Camozzi tomorrow. Both are quite similar at around Cv 0.04.
Just so you know I'm sourcing metering valve with Cv 0.004 for very good price! I hope quality will be as good as price.
I'll keep you updated.

In regard to push in connector, I managed to source brass version without push-in (was really difficult, as prices from EU distributors are sky high!), the only problem is that these are twice more expensive than valve I sent you for tests. Now my question is who would be willing to pay around £10 more to have it in brass with build in standard tubing connector?

I'll get some and will se how these sells.

Personally, I would also avoid buying anything with a push-in connector, £10 extra for the brass version with the connector built-in doesn't sound bad at all, depending on the total of course :).

I think the built-in connectors would be a priority for those who are using the high-pressure atomisers, who have also spent extra on quality check valves and bubble counters with locking nuts. Would be a shame to buy such a quality metering valve only for it to be the weak-point in the CO2 set-up!

I know ADA use push-in connections but I don't think any ADA tanks use such high pressure atomisers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim
I have to agree with andy, I had trouble removing the tubing at first but once I got hang of it its easy to remove. you have to push the tubing all the way in and tug it back a bit to make sure it lock in place. easy to install and well built.
I do see what others are saying about the push fitting is flimsy and made of plastic but overall its a fanatic produce for nano tank.

I will be doing another update by the weekend.
cheers

Really liking the SMC valve! No leaks, very fine adjustments and looks nicer than the black rectangular flow valve. Using it with a 45mm Bazooka atomiser on an 80l, very happy with it :thumbup:.

P1020733Large_zps6d3b5eb8.jpg

Back