• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Presoaking bogwood in a garden pond?

Malarky

I'm thinking of soaking two large (too big for a bucket) pieces of bogwood in my garden pond before positioning in my indoor primarily planted freshwater tank. Is this going to introduce all kinds of unwanted guests and potential problems or is this reasonable practice? I was thinking of giving the wood a good pressure wash after the soak in the pond.

Hi all,
Is this going to introduce all kinds of unwanted guests and potential problems or is this reasonable practice? I was thinking of giving the wood a good pressure wash after the soak in the pond.
Should be <"absolutely fine">. I keep <"smaller bits in a bucket">, if I think I'm going to use them fairly soon, dry if I'm not going to use them for a while.

hornwort_bucket-jpg.106145

cheers Darrel

While I have been doing this for years, I am inclined to think things like Hydra and BGA can be brought in with the wood.

I still do it tho. As @Myrtle says, expect some hitchhikers!

Back