• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
tim said:
Nice tank for very nice shrimp, hard keeping stable parameters for these little guys credit to ya mate

Hello mate,
Thanks ver much, again it's just a simple layout to please the eye a touch more :) I love the tranquility of this with it being shrimp only.

logi-cat said:
hi mate, do you supplement the tank with any ferts?

Hello mate,
No nothing goes into the tank, other than shrimp food and water.
Water is maintained between 150-180.
Food is very little every few days.
Lighting is 27w bulb - maybe 5 hours a day, get green hair algae a bit but easily removed very quickly.

sarahtermite said:
That Fontanus is LUSH - excellent job!

Hey Sarah,
Thank you, there are two types in there.
Fissidens Fontanus on left of rock & Fissidens Fox on the manzanita to the right of the tank.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Much to my surprise!
2 Crystal Brown Babies :)

e2udy5uv.jpg

dupe8a5e.jpg

Quite a difference in colour compared to the Red:
emyruvym.jpg

zaqybyma.jpg

There's literally CRS babies everywhere in here. Quite surprised, as the tanks fairly dense and I can still spot maybe close to 10 out in open.

ma5epage.jpg

y8ate6yq.jpg

uza8amar.jpg

Great news nath :thumbup: it's nice to spot shrimplets, especially if you weren't expecting it!
Tanks looking really good and the moss looks really healthy.
Cheerio
Ady

Ady34 said:
Great news nath :thumbup: it's nice to spot shrimplets, especially if you weren't expecting it!
Tanks looking really good and the moss looks really healthy.
Cheerio
Ady

Cheers Buddy :thumbup:

Yeah it really is fascinating to see, i spotted 2 with smiley face markings this morning too.

Looks like their grinning from ear to ear :lol:

Whitey89 said:
Ps. That moss in the second to last picture,is that Taiwan moss. Could cut you a few strands if you want some mate, just let me know. Could drop off Thursday at your spot :D
Cheers for the offer but i bought some on the for sale forum before I stripped the last tank down so I have plenty for now :thumbup: hope it grows in as nicely as yours.

That's no worries Ady! Thanks mate.
It really is a lovely looking moss, it's starting to climb the manten stone behind it, like a climbing plant with little roots!

Another thing I'm very happy about, is thy there is at least 3 baby Shrimps with the 'smiley face', absolutely love it.

Will try get the camera charged and shoot some before they disappear.

:thumbup:

I noticed u said u fed a drop into then when they arrived.. I wanna make sure my tigers,are all ok.. Could you just give me some info on what u did buddy?

Jack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey jack, sorry read and forgot about your post!

I use an airline and an airline tap, which enables me to drip acclimatise shrimp to the current tank comditions over a period of hours.

I drip water from the tank slowly into the container of the shrimp, with the water they came in.

When the two parameters match, or are close, they then can be transferred with a net into the tank itself.

I use this very same method during every water change, dripping water ( even though it matches the parameters of the tank) into there, just so everything is smooth and slow.

Which is when shrimp will thrive, when the parameters are cosy, and they vary very little. Apparently, to make the babies grow quicker, you do larger water changes and cause them to moult.

But why hurry nature. Aren't we to enjoy the journey ? And not just the end result :)

Nah sod that aren't there some kind of steroid we could introduce haha! Ahh I'm kidding great journal whitey

Ok that sounds very thorough Mate, I do two water changes a week both of about 30 percent at a time, I couldnt empty my water and then drip in the other 30 percent of each tank, it's the equivalent of doing a 30 percent water change on a 3ft tank lol I would imagine dripping the rest of the water change would take more than 24 hours, I admire your patience, I'm planning on finding something a little easier as I just wouldn't have the time to do that. Thanks for the reply Mate :)

nayr88 said:
Nah sod that aren't there some kind of steroid we could introduce haha! Ahh I'm kidding great journal whitey

Haha! Cheers mate :)

logi-cat said:
what kind of leaves you got in there?

Hey, They are Indian almond leaves mate, can't recommend them enough :thumbup:

jack-rythm said:
Ok that sounds very thorough Mate, I do two water changes a week both of about 30 percent at a time, I couldnt empty my water and then drip in the other 30 percent of each tank, it's the equivalent of doing a 30 percent water change on a 3ft tank lol I would imagine dripping the rest of the water change would take more than 24 hours, I admire your patience, I'm planning on finding something a little easier as I just wouldn't have the time to do that. Thanks for the reply Mate :)

Yes mate, understood.
I only have one and leave it running in for as long as it takes. I do approximately 10% of my ADA mini M a week, about 2 litres of water.

This is on my CRS breeding setup, so you can understand why I take my time :)

Got lots of babies as a result. So couldn't be happier.
Stability is key.

Cheers,

Definitely agree with your method and admire your attention. Crystals are not ones to be cheap or easy to care for. Hopefully my blue tigers won't need as much attention although as much as I can spare should suffice. Got real lucky at aquatics live with free plants! Check out my journal for my triptych. So pleased. I basically finished my plant list :) so now I have cover etc for my shrimp I'll get on it. Either way it seems ur the person to talk to about when I have any issues with my shrimp ;)

Hey mate,
Yeah they're a little sensitive at times. But a slow & steady method will give the best possible conditions.

Mine were not breeding at all until I hit 170 TDS, then I had 3 berried from then on. So I try and maintain this Total dissolved solids number.

As far as my shrimps go, as to be expected, there was a little die off. Which isn't nice, but there is plenty of healthy ones In there, with some extremely nice markings. I've counted 3 'smilie faced' shrimp in there. And one that looked like it had a St. George's Cross on its back and the rest pure white :)

There's a couple of black crystals too, which I suspect could have been the earlier assumed 'brown crystals' but have now had time to colour up.
These babies look fantastic, as the black is of a tar colour and the white of deep snow. Amazing contrast. I can see why KK shrimp are held in such high regard.

Hope your tigers go ok mate, I was thinking o getting some Orange eyed blacks a while back. They look great.
Tanks at looking really well now too! Bet your well chuffed with the turn out. Well done :thumbup:

N

Back