• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
du2anuva.jpg

St George. Quick snap from the other day :lol:

thanks buddy, yeah Im chuffed I need to borrow someones DSLR so I can get some nice photos up.. I saw some orange eyed blacks at AL at the weekend. looked amazing, but couldn't afford 15 quid each sadly.. I luckily have the situation where I can have many different types of shrimp in my triptych so just need to have a think :) your shrimp look quality. will give you a nudge when I get my blue tigers in buddy ;)

Some nice crs you have there Nath - great to see the offspring have carried through the same high grade. Did you cross with another smiley face pattern?

Jack - as Nathan has pointed out, stability is absolutely king with shrimp. For me, I've found smaller water changes [10%] weekly and moving to top ups only if i have tiny baby shrimp to be a very good rule. Be careful if you are going to keep up the twice weekly 30% changes. Another top tip - if you dont already have one, drop an air stone in there. Many of these shrimp's natural habitats are shallow streams with high levels of dissolved oxygen. Hard for us to replicate this in a tank, but again in my own experience i've learnt that shrimp tanks that have air stones do much better. Shrimp become more active and grow quicker etc etc....... :thumbup:

great advice.. I was always led to believe that an air stone would push out the little co2 there already is in the water column.. Im not running co2 in my tank so all the co2 have in my water column is pretty important I keep it in there. your right about the water changes. I agree more frequent but less amounts. but 10% a week seems too little? Ill take your advice though. maybe ill do 2 15% w/c a week when I get my tigers.

:)

jack-rythm said:
great advice.. I was always led to believe that an air stone would push out the little co2 there already is in the water column.. Im not running co2 in my tank so all the co2 have in my water column is pretty important I keep it in there. your right about the water changes. I agree more frequent but less amounts. but 10% a week seems too little? Ill take your advice though. maybe ill do 2 15% w/c a week when I get my tigers.

:)

Hmm, maybe true yes. It's not something that i have an issue with as my tanks are all low tech moss, java fern, pelia based. Maybe running the airstone on a timer for a couple of hours / day would get around this for you.

Only way to know for sure is to learn for yourself and tweak accordingly until you are happy with the results. There are loads of variables on shrimp keeping and what suits one tank may be totally different for another......Anyway, enjoy the Tigers and get some pics up when they are in! :thumbup:

edumutyg.jpg

Two babie smilies together :)
(One on side of rock, one on catappa leaf).

I'm blacklisted on tapatalk now at home on my ip and on my network ip, for no
Reason. So wont be on much until its resolved :(

Wheres the damn pic Whiteside? I wanna see this lid. :)

That looks so good mate! I'd be well pleased with that.

Hope Santa brings your a spring washer haha!!

Westyggx said:
Nath where did you get that lid from and the clips to hold it? Cheers

Hey mate,

Got the ADA cube Garden Hooks ( make sure you get the right size for your tank rim).

And the ADA Glass Cover for Cube Garden Mini M

Really makes all the difference to be fair. Stops any splash and allows Lilys due to being short.

Plus it's got a nice ADA sticker :rolleyes:. The cover glass is NOT optiwhite though.

Cheers,

Whitey89 said:
Westyggx said:
Nath where did you get that lid from and the clips to hold it? Cheers

Hey mate,

Got the ADA cube Garden Hooks ( make sure you get the right size for your tank rim).

And the ADA Glass Cover for Cube Garden Mini M

Really makes all the difference to be fair. Stops any splash and allows Lilys due to being short.

Plus it's got a nice ADA sticker :rolleyes:. The cover glass is NOT optiwhite though.

Cheers,

Cheers for that ill go bnq and get some cheaper ones :)

Back