• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
usa6uqus.jpg

3y2evy2u.jpg

looks great but that is very expensive stone sure ur new scape will be amazing

Dean

Looking great Nath, that moss is mega!

Looking great Nath, that moss is mega!

Certainly is mate, Its getting huge, going to get a little trim soon!

Thanks, contemplating a complete overhaul on it though, more natural looking.

Certainly is mate, Its getting huge, going to get a little trim soon!

Thanks, contemplating a complete overhaul on it though, more natural looking.
Just put some hair grass and hydrocotle in, they make everything mossy look natural!....or are you thinking biotope natural?

What moss is it again mate? I wouldn't mind purchasing some trimmings....I've got branches still to moss up!

Just put some hair grass and hydrocotle in, they make everything mossy look natural!....or are you thinking biotope natural?

What moss is it again mate? I wouldn't mind purchasing some trimmings....I've got branches still to moss up!

I was thinking more biotope natural, but I'm unsure about sourcing Chinese woods that would be present in streams etc. was going to completely leaf the bottom. Will definitely have a look into the biotope, as that aspect really interests me.

The moss is weeping on the main manzanita branch mate, has a little Green thread algae, which will go away with co2 for sure.
I've also just introduced a species of salvinia, this may have an effect by dappling light and sucking up any nutrients in the Water column.

Your welcome to some when i do cut it FoC mate.

I still haven't got the shrimp numbers you have got in yours yet :lol: I'm waiting for them to berry again.

Cheers,

Sounds cool mate, would be great to see a biotope CRS set up.
Maybe to do with your higher grade shrimp being a little slower to reproduce/survival rates? Or the fact that my CRS tank has been running forever now!

Moss would be appreciated, wouldn't expect it foc though..... If it were mine I wouldn't wanna cut it at all when its looking so nice!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Much to my surprise!
2 Crystal Brown Babies :)

e2udy5uv.jpg

dupe8a5e.jpg

Quite a difference in colour compared to the Red:
emyruvym.jpg

zaqybyma.jpg

There's literally CRS babies everywhere in here. Quite surprised, as the tanks fairly dense and I can still spot maybe close to 10 out in open.

ma5epage.jpg

y8ate6yq.jpg

uza8amar.jpg

A very nice natural-looking tank

A leafy bottom like one of George's biotope here
2ajy4ase.jpg

Except mossy wood :)

Just out of interest why is the water level so low? The scape looks like it suits a shallower tank but are there any other reasons?

your fissidens looks awesome... does it have high requirements buddy?
Same as mosses, does well in low tech with no ferts or CO2. Just grows very very slow ;)

Back