Pro Shrimp

Wookii

Visited them a month or so back. It's not really a high street type customer facing business, more like a small warehouse geared toward online business.
I think I got there around mid morning and it seemed to be all hands to the pump packing orders for delivery to online buyers.
However, at least one staff member found time to help me out and I left there fairly happy with some well chosen shrimp.

Regarding the packaging issue. I don't really think it's fair to complain too loudly about how much packaging is used by online businesses. Their priority is to get your order out to you undamaged, it'd be commercial suicide to do anything else. Unfortunately, given the carelessness of our postal service and couriers, they have little choice but to over package items, especially livestock. So they're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Plus, there is also the environmental impact of throwing away damaged goods to be considered, so that probably goes some way to offset the amount of packaging used.
Tim, what was their shop like, do they have a lot of stock choice, particularly on live plants and rock/wood? They are only about half an hour from me so I was thinking of paying them a visit.

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely worth paying a visit if they are only 30mins away. Plant choice when I went was pretty good. As was stock choice. It's more of a warehouse rather than a shop, so I guess they'll have everything that's on their website for retail.

jaypeecee

Hi Folks,

I've had excellent support from ProShrimp but packaging of their goods leaves a lot to be desired. One package contained a bag of sand. The box that this order was delivered in had to be held together with rubber bands - courtesy of the Post Office! As such, I'm not likely to order from them again. Shame as they have a good product range.

JPC

No excuses but they are busy at the moment. Having said that all the stuff I’ve had from them were well packed.

jameson_uk

No excuses but they are busy at the moment. Having said that all the stuff I’ve had from them were well packed.
Would agree that everything I have ordered has been well packaged. That said I have mainly ordered boxed items or reasonably light things. I guess it is quite difficult to package up a heavy bag of sand to cope with the way delivery firms handle them.

Would agree that everything I have ordered has been well packaged. That said I have mainly ordered boxed items or reasonably light things. I guess it is quite difficult to package up a heavy bag of sand to cope with the way delivery firms handle them.
Agreed. Many delivery drivers seem to have a disdain for heavy parcels and don’t treat them with any respect. My last two parcels from them contained a 60L Nano and a short cover glass.

jaypeecee

Hi Folks,

The box in which my goods were delivered was not up to the job as it was thin cardboard and flimsy. There was no way that it was suitable for a 2kg bag of sand. I would be unhappy blaming the courier in this instance.

JPC

BarryH

Dennerle tank, plants, filters, shrimp food and bits and pieces all ordered and delivered with no problems in recent days. Great service from Pro Shrimp.