• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pro Shrimp

Visited them a month or so back. It's not really a high street type customer facing business, more like a small warehouse geared toward online business.
I think I got there around mid morning and it seemed to be all hands to the pump packing orders for delivery to online buyers.
However, at least one staff member found time to help me out and I left there fairly happy with some well chosen shrimp.

Regarding the packaging issue. I don't really think it's fair to complain too loudly about how much packaging is used by online businesses. Their priority is to get your order out to you undamaged, it'd be commercial suicide to do anything else. Unfortunately, given the carelessness of our postal service and couriers, they have little choice but to over package items, especially livestock. So they're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Plus, there is also the environmental impact of throwing away damaged goods to be considered, so that probably goes some way to offset the amount of packaging used.

Tim, what was their shop like, do they have a lot of stock choice, particularly on live plants and rock/wood? They are only about half an hour from me so I was thinking of paying them a visit.

Definitely worth paying a visit if they are only 30mins away. Plant choice when I went was pretty good. As was stock choice. It's more of a warehouse rather than a shop, so I guess they'll have everything that's on their website for retail.

Excellent service again today from ProShrimp. I ordered a couple of things the other day and sadly one item got broken in transit. Emailed yesterday and the replacement arrived today. :)

Hi Folks,

I've had excellent support from ProShrimp but packaging of their goods leaves a lot to be desired. One package contained a bag of sand. The box that this order was delivered in had to be held together with rubber bands - courtesy of the Post Office! As such, I'm not likely to order from them again. Shame as they have a good product range.

JPC

No excuses but they are busy at the moment. Having said that all the stuff I’ve had from them were well packed.

No excuses but they are busy at the moment. Having said that all the stuff I’ve had from them were well packed.
Would agree that everything I have ordered has been well packaged. That said I have mainly ordered boxed items or reasonably light things. I guess it is quite difficult to package up a heavy bag of sand to cope with the way delivery firms handle them.

Would agree that everything I have ordered has been well packaged. That said I have mainly ordered boxed items or reasonably light things. I guess it is quite difficult to package up a heavy bag of sand to cope with the way delivery firms handle them.

Agreed. Many delivery drivers seem to have a disdain for heavy parcels and don’t treat them with any respect. My last two parcels from them contained a 60L Nano and a short cover glass.

Hi Folks,

The box in which my goods were delivered was not up to the job as it was thin cardboard and flimsy. There was no way that it was suitable for a 2kg bag of sand. I would be unhappy blaming the courier in this instance.

JPC

Ordered plants and sand from them, all good. Order arrived yesterday

Dennerle tank, plants, filters, shrimp food and bits and pieces all ordered and delivered with no problems in recent days. Great service from Pro Shrimp.

Further to my last post singing the praises of Pro Shrimp, this morning I received an order of Tropica 1-2 Grow Pots from them. What a horrible mess. The hairgrass looks as though it is almost dead and the moss is looking very sad at best. none of the pots have any form of gel in them just dirty brown water.

Very disappointed.

Last edited:
Further to my last post singing the praises of Pro Shrimp, this morning I received an order of Tropica 1-2 Grow Pots from them. What a horrible mess. The hairgrass looks as though it is almost dead and the moss is looking very sad at best. none of the pots have any form of gel in them just dirty brown water.

Very disappointed.

Not a great delivery. Sounds like they were hot in transit maybe?

What did they say when you emailed or called them? Thats a better way to judge a company,, rather than a bad public review before discussing it with them.

ps. As a side note, not all tc plants have gel. Some have liquid that gets Stained brown from the tiny roots. Hirsuta for example.

pps. Not standing up for pro shrimp (I don’t particularly like them). Just a comment!

Further to my last post singing the praises of Pro Shrimp, this morning I received an order of Tropica 1-2 Grow Pots from them.
I did buy a couple of things from them sometime ago, and was not impressed either and their response wasn't better ;)

Made two orders and both been really good.
Very competitive with their pricing. Clearly want to move stock on.
Thumbs up.

I truly think that's what it was Seige, moving their old stock on. They'll not do it again to me, I'll buy plants from elsewhere or at least have a look at what I'm buying.
Im not sure about plants but the rest of the kit is priced very competitively. If I search for something on the net their prices are always really good.

The shrimp food ordered was as expected, it's a pack of food haha the plants another matter, was well disapointed with the sorry plant filling about a quarter of the in-vitro tub ;)

Back