• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with CO2 setup, Advice needed.

andyaxis

Seedling
Hi,

I'm not new to keeping fish, but I am with regards to CO2 setups and planted tanks. I decided on the JBL Proflora 1 kit, and the PH Controller for my new 210L setup. I'm away from home pretty often, so figured this system would keep the CO2 dosing in check. Tried to run this setup for around a week now, but when trying to set the bubble rate at around 1 bubble per second as a starting point, it just wont idle. After an hour or so the bubbles will have stopped, and I have to re-adjust again to get the bubbles flowing. I've struggled with it like this for just under a week, and now I find the bottles run out!!! I don't think it's the controller at fault either, as that seems to be opening and closing the solenoid valve correctly.
Any suggestions on what's going wrong? I suspect a leak on the pressure reducer but am guessing. All the other line connections appear fine. I planted my aquarium last week. How long will the plants survive for without regular CO2 dosing until I get this fixed?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi andy

I don't know how many grams are in your bottle of co2 but going through one in a week sounds excessive.

Best to check your connections with soapy water as you'll see bubbles if there are any leaks.

I would hazard a guess that a 500g bottle should last over 1 month. As I got through a 2kg bottle on a 180 litre every three months.

Just hook everything up with a full cylinder and dunk in a bucket of water, will be pretty obvious if there are leaks.
And to be honest, you'd be better leaving the pH controller in the box :)

Hey im having the exact same problem, did you find a cure ??

Back