• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problems with setting up JBL Co2 System

Reuby73

Seedling
Hi everyone, my first post and I have a problem!

I am setting up my first serious planted tank and have invested in the JBL M603 system with a 2kg cycliner.

I have set the ph controller up, carried out the callibrations and went to release C02 in the system but nothing has happened no bubbles in the reactor or bubble counter. I have double checked the connections, the gauges on the regulator are reading as they should be and the ph controller is set to 'manual open' The only thing I can think is the needle valve is faulty?

If anyone has the same system and can help it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dan

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried running the system without the pH controller just to make sure it works? Also try taking the hosing off the reg and opening the needle value, it should get to the point at which you can hear the gas being released. At least that way you'll know if its the reg or not. It could be a blocked diffuser or tubing if the reg is working ok.

Another thought, have you plugged the solenoid value in and thats is working ok?

Sam

Thanks Sam

I have actually 'solved' the problem the needle valve had snapped so no matter how much I opened the valve no CO2 was ever going to be released!

I have replacement which I will try out tonight

The key learning for me is when closing the needle valve don't overtighten!

Dan

Back