• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Project Shrimp

Wolfenrook

This aquarium was designed with the focus upon the shrimp.

Equipment

60 litre ClearSeal Panoptic 560
Modified Fluval 2 internal filter filled with sintered glass media, modified for reduced flow
200 watt ClearSeal heater
Eco-Complete Substrate
24 Watt T5 power compact overtank luminaire

Plants
Weeping moss
Christmas moss
Echinodorus Tenellus
Eleocharis Parvulus
Microsorium Pteropus 'narrow'
Microsorium Pteropus 'Windelovii'
Java Moss
Crpt wendtii

Decor

3 Pieces of bogwood, 2 of which are fastened together.
3 'Shrimp Shacks' (coconut caves made by me. lol).
A few bits of purple coated gravel that my wife Gadget made me put in there as she likes purple. :arghh:

Livestock
Snowball shrimp
Sri lanka dwarf shrimp
Apple snails (bridgessi)
Tadpole snails
Leopard ramshorn snails

shrimptanklatest1.jpg

I wont post pics of the inhabitants, this been a planted tanks gallery.

Oh, and I have no desire to get rid of all of the algae, the shrimp like it. ;) :lol:

Ade

The biggest baby we have yet is still only a little under a centimetre in length. They're breeding well though so should be able to make everybody on our waiting list happy quite quickly once the young have grown enough, I wont sell very small baby shrimp if I can help it. :)

They are beautiful yeah PM. Quite a lot of that moss was in Paulo's tank originally (via Aaron), and some of it was from Ziggy. I'm a big believer in trying to source plants (especially mosses) from other hobbyists, the quality is usually much better than anything you can buy from traders.

Ade

Wolfenrook said:
Quite a lot of that moss was in Paulo's tank originally (via Aaron), ...... the quality is usually much better than anything you can buy from traders.
I have sent out so much moss that my moss wall and spiky moss is now looking pretty bad for wear lol now have to give it a couple of months before I send more out, otherwise it will never recover, I am impressed myself how its growing in my tank and how good it looks, I am very pleased with these mosses :)

If you've got any willow moss (or even some riccia) let me know as would be interested in taking it off your hands. Got some xmas moss off Dan and that's growing slowly- want something faster.

I have willow moss growing in my high light 180 litre, it's slower growing than the Xmas moss is. lol

As to that dwarf riccia Aaron sent me, the shrimp say "thank you very much, it was delicious!". :lol: There's a little bit left on the top of the rear piece of wood that caught there.

The fastest growing moss of the ones I have has to be the weeping, it grows VERY fast.

Ade

The snowballs, sri lanka dwarf shrimp and the apple snails. Oh and it's in the past tense, the only dwarf riccia left is that that 'attached' itself to the end of a piece of wood. :lol:

Was amusing whilst it lasted though, you ever seen a snowball shrimp doing a 'Wile E Coyote'? As in grab a piece at the top, start sinking fast and then try to keep climbing onto the top surface.... :lol: My snails like to parachute with it...

Ade

looking good Ade. Have you tried running it without the condensation cover- improve the lighting a bit. Do shrimp jump tank?

Back