• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pronunciation

Joecoral

How does one pronounce Dennerle?

I always pronounced it 'de-nerl', but listening to the latest PFK podcast, they pronounce it 'denner-lay'
Which is correct, if either? Or is it down to personal interpretation?

I've always pronounced it den-er-lee. Probably completely wrong though! George is probably right.

BTW, did you know Lowenbrau beer is pronounced Lurven-brow. You'd get some odd looks asking for a pint of it like that though....

'Denn earl' for me but I usually miles out with my pronunciation.

Talking about beer when I lived in Brussels there was a beer there called Maes Pils which is pronounced Mars Pils.

James

The rules of German phonetics require that all trailing vowels are pronounced, so that an expression such as "Meine fine dame" (my fair lady) would be pronounced mine-eh fine-eh dahm-eh.

Spanish and Italian vowels are always pronounced independently and regardless of location so that the Spanish car Seat is pronounced say-aht in the same way the Italian car Fiat is pronounced Fee-aht. :D

Cheers,

beeky said:
BTW, did you know Lowenbrau beer is pronounced Lurven-brow. You'd get some odd looks asking for a pint of it like that though....
In europe the W is not pronouced has "U" like in the England, its always a "V" like the french pronouce the W as "double v"

ek-in-o-door-us for me.

Also..(for fun!)

lim-know-file-are ses-ee-floor-are

my-rio-file-um mez-ee-ain-um

stow (as in cow)-row-jine (definitely not sure on this one!)

Lily-op-sis more-reet-ain-ee-um

Nessy-are ped-ee-chel-are-ta

wrote-are-la wrote-und-ee-fole-ee-are

But probably all wrong, so take no notice of me!

Back