• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Propagate Fissidens

ghostsword

I am pretty clued up with plants, EI and CO2, but I am useless with mosses. :(

Two years ago Paulo gave me a smidge of Fissidens, a 10p size. I have now a 15cm by 5cm stick and it is just under 10cm deep. I trimmed it and placed the stick back on the tank, next to the CO2 and with good light.

The cuttings are on a shallow tray on the window sill. Not really sure if this is the best way to get it going.

Any suggestions? I could tie it down to another stick, but it is such a slow grower.. Any way to speed it up?

Got enough to cover a 10cm square.

F. Fontanus? Not that slow grower as creeping moss for example. I got some back in December took a while to pick up. Then I got cuttings from it tied up to wood and within month it grow like crazy. That was with carbo only and T5 lamp medium light. It does do better under strong light for sure. When it was shaded by other plants almost not growing.

The closer to the light source the faster it will grow, but it will still take months to get to a reasonable size, careful with the high light though as its also prone to algae.

Back