• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Proserpinaca palustris ''Cuba''

Garuf

Has anyone had any experience with this plant? I bought some from TMG and it was a little bruised but seemed okay, today I've noticed it's melted away entirely, does anyone know if this is normal? Will it grow back?

Not if it thinks that your CO2 is sub-par. This plant is another in the long line of poor CO2 haters...

Here it is to the left of Alternanthera. This one was in the "just too hard" category
in my deep tank. I wasn't impressed enough with it to give it more than a couple of chances.
Thanks for the memories... :arghh:
2079111740038170470S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers,

Hey ceg, I wouldn't consider co2 to be an issue, I've got a yellow DC when the lights come on... It's pretty damn high.
Could it be low light, I'm only running a single t5 24w tube at the moment with it being a new setup...

Not enough light? A possibility, but doubtful.

Could be flow/distribution at the selected location if that's the case.

Cheers,

I'm using an ex1200 on a 54l tank and the plant is directly in the flow. It says in the current but isn't bashed.

Well those are the bases covered. Is it only the leaves that have gone? If the stem is still intact it might survive the transition. Had you separated the individual stems or were they all bunched?

Cheers,

Individual stems. Initially it was leaves then the stem went too. I'm thinking it must have just been more badly bruised than I thought.

Yeah but if they weren't mush to begin with then bruising ought not to have been a problem. Melting is THE classic symptom of Carbon starvation. I've not seen anything else cause that behavior except for possibly an herbicide. As I said, this plant was a tough nut to crack. Isn't it odd that all the Cuban plants seem difficult?

Cheers,

Some stems were mush... The first to melt were the ones that had snapped from being folded in half. I expected more from Tmg I must admit. :(.
I've found a single stem that isn't mush I'll up the Co2 some more and see where it goes.I wish I had a decent bubble counter, the one I have says I'm adding about 9 bps and I know that's just silly.
Isn't it just... Hc's cuban and that plants hellish, I've tried another cuban plant that I couldn't get going, can't remember what it was mind.

It's all over the SE USA, you cannot miss this weed. It's everywhere.

"Cuba" is the same genetics I'd bet.

Regards,
Tom Barr

A miss type of TGM. :oops:
Tom, Cuba is apparently just a different colour morph, the cuba suffix being it's collection site.

Out of 2 pots I managed to get 2 stems that are now growing, this is turning out to be a really slow grower and very light hungry, when it was growing under the lilly pipe it grew with a kink so that it was no longer under it!

Back