• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Protecting the glass

mattyc

I am building a tank up soon for my cichlids, i want to scape it but with no plants (they will get eaten) but will be using a lot of rock.
What is the best way t protect the glass of the tank from the rocks i will be using?

i dont know if i will be able to use polystyreen the fish love to dig under the rocks so it would end up on the serface prity quick but, good idea thanks :)

can anyone recomend rock that will look like the rock of the rift lakes that is not too sharp so my big featherfin doesnt hurt its self on the edges it is a bit clumsey (spelling)?

Unipac sell quality replica rock, AquaEssentials stock it. They do Okiishi, Sutishi and Ocean rock, all of them look like REAL rocks :D

i have seen clear plastic boards in my local timber merchants will have a look what it is they sell thanks for all your replys.
Dan the unipack rocks look realy good in pictures would be nice to see them in person!!

most people use Egg Crate. The 1 - 2cm thick stuff which is like a grid.

AC

I just ordered my tank, it is an opti white bracless and cabinet from aquariuns ltd. i cant wait for it to arrive :p

Back