• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pruning help?

andyh

I have what i believe to be Pogostemon Helferi in my tank and i would like to prune it and use the cuttings elsewhere in my tank.

web.jpg

Whats the best way to do this as they are getting a little tall as they are in a fairly low light set-up?

andyh said:
I have what i believe to be Pogostemon Helferi in my tank and i would like to prune it and use the cuttings elsewhere in my tank.

web.jpg

Whats the best way to do this as they are getting a little tall as they are in a fairly low light set-up?

AndyH

Ph produces many side shoots and then roots - snip of the side shoots once the roots have formed and replant were you require them, see attached tropica doc.

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=053H

Regards
Paul

Cut the tops off, as Sam says. if you look at the stem of one of your P. helferi plants you can see nodes, where the leaves grow out of. Snip with sharp scissors just above one of these nodes. Then take the cutting and replant it (you might need to take of the bottom few leaves).

SteveUK said:
Cut the tops off, as Sam says. if you look at the stem of one of your P. helferi plants you can see nodes, where the leaves grow out of. Snip with sharp scissors just above one of these nodes. Then take the cutting and replant it (you might need to take of the bottom few leaves).

Thanks Steve, nice clear advice!

Back