• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pruning Rotala walllichii

bogwood

I bought a pot 6 weeks ago, however as it was probably around 9 ins tall, i reduced it down to about 3 ins.
I planted the existing roots , and the cut off stems.

The original roots have not done so well, but the cuttings are excellent, with beautiful red tips.
These have now reached the surface and are ready for pruning.

Is there any special technique,? or do i simply just, cut them off , and replant. Or would it be better just to nip the tops out.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

bogwood said:
I bought a pot 6 weeks ago, however as it was probably around 9 ins tall, i reduced it down to about 3 ins.
I planted the existing roots , and the cut off stems.

The original roots have not done so well, but the cuttings are excellent, with beautiful red tips.
These have now reached the surface and are ready for pruning.

Is there any special technique,? or do i simply just, cut them off , and replant. Or would it be better just to nip the tops out.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

why not do both - if you nip the tips out two stem will grow - leave them to grow again and nip the tips again and two more stems will appear, and if you does this to a few of the stem - next thing you know you have a bush.

Regards
paul.

Back