pumps and DIY spraybars

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by Nick16, 11 Oct 2009.

1. Nick16

Nick16 Member

hi all, i want to purchase and eheim compact+ 2000 pump, (i have a compact 1000). The 1000 will not be good enough for my new large tank so i will need something bigger, hence the 2000. However i will be pumping from an 80L bin into the tank but i cant just pump it straight in as the substrate will get blown to pices and plants uprooted etc. I want to DIY a spraybar but i cant find any plastic ones around. (will need 5 or 6 20cm pieces)(and that are fairly cheap) i will also need a right angle spray bar connector so i can have spraybars on two sides of my tank joined up. (if you understand me?)
    but i cannot find any single spraybars that i can buy or any connectors for that matter.

i have made a list of my questions for simplicity.

1. What size tubing fits the compact+ 2000? is it 16/22?
    2. where can i get some spraybars
    3. Where can i get spraybar connections
    4. where can i get the clips and suckers to hold the spraybar to the side of the tank? (im sure AE used to sell them but i cant find them anymore!)
    5. sorry for all the questions :lol:
    6. honestly i apologise.

i might just diy a spraybar out of the tubing that fits the +2000 (e.g drill it), but i will still need a right angle or 'L' connector so that i can have pipe at 90 degrees

i have trawled around but im stuck and dont know what to type in on ebay as i seem to just get internal filters come up!

any help would be super.

2. hogan53

hogan53 Global Moderator Staff Member

3. Nick16

Nick16 Member

but thats over £12, i will need about 6 of those spraybars so it would be a bomb!
    i just need some plain plastic spraybars i think 16mm ones and a 90 degree connecting piece and then some clips to hold it to the side of a tank.

4. Nelson

Nelson Member

5. Nick16

Nick16 Member

hmm interesting, i might go down to my local hardware store and have a look. i would get some if i could find the connectors and some clips with suckers to attach it, when i find everything i can then start to buy! i dont want to buy some bits and find i cant get the others! :lol:

cheers for the help tho, its a very good idea. never thought of good ol' B&Q

6. hogan53

hogan53 Global Moderator Staff Member

7. Nick16

Nick16 Member

8. Nick16

Nick16 Member

bump, i have still be looking but cant find any clips or suckers, i have found out that its 19/27mm tubing that fits the 2000 though, so i will jsut stick to my 1000 thinking about it, still i will need the clips and suckers. :D

EDIT:

found some here, all sorted now.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/eheim-filter-tubing-clips.asp

its amazing you spend hours looking, create a post asking for help, and then you find what you were after. typical.