• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Puppyjess123's Planted Tank

puppyjess

Seedling
Ok so here is my very first attempt at a planted tank. I will be changing it over time, any advice or comments welcome :D
Im only young so please don't critise it to much :lol:

005-2.jpg

Considering that come on from this.... :thumbdown:

fishtankphotos089.jpg

Thanks.

well it's a massive improvement on your previous tank :thumbup: .
whats your specs,filter,lights etc.any co2.

are you able to fill the tank more, the waterline is a huge distraction.

a vast improvement nevertheless.

Well the tank is 120cm x 40 x 40. Holds something like 50 gallons.

Light is very low only 25 watts.

Filter is a fluval 4 + internal and a fluval 405 external.

Ferts are my own DIY 2 litre solution with magnesium sulpahte, pottasium nitrate and phosphate. Also have some 30 x root tabs.

Plants are : Amazon swords, Vallis, Hygrophila polysperma, Cryptocoryne wenditii, Microsorum pteropus.

No CO2 but planning to buy some easycarbo soon.

Substrate is just normal black gravel.

Stocking: 2 angelfish, 3 bala sharks, 4 guppies, swordtails and platies, 6 cories, 8 cherry barbs, neon tetras, zebra danios, pearl gourami, gold gourami and 2 opaline gourami and common plec and albino one.

Cheers

And Nick no im afraid not. At the top are a few slits where water is meant to go down towards the filter however i didnt use this technique incase of the filter running dry... :/ I suppose I could tape it or something like that..

Ahh i see, well you could neatly place some gaffa tape, but its your tank so its up to you.

you do realise that eventually those bala sharks are going to get to big? - just a heads up. (do you find them skitish at all?)

Yeah I know. But i've read that their very slow growing as they live 8 - 10 years or something like that. And nope not skittish at all? :S

Hi puppyjess

How are you getting on with the Hygrophila Polysperma in your low light set up?
I tried it in one of my low light, low tech set ups and I found the lower leaves died on me and it looked a mess. I put it down to lack of light at the lower levels. Maybe my low light is too low light :lol: .
The other 4 plants you have will be absolutely fine in a low light set up :D

Had no problems so far other than my fish keep uprooting it :lol: Then again i haven't had it that long, in a week or two i'll tell you if its the same story :)

Back