• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Purchasing plants online.

I have used Pro Shrimp a couple of times and the plants have arrived in really good condition. There seems to be a shortage everywhere at the moment though.
Sadly My 1-2 grow blyxa japonica was in awful condition and should never have been sent out. The moss they snt at the same time however, was fine.
Has made me very cautious of them to be honest

People may hate this one - but I ordered 3 pots of dwarf hairgrass from Pets at home to be click and collect - had no issues and plants were healthy!
3 for £12 too on the 1-2 grow - were cheaper than anywhere else by a mile (and no p&P fee to double the cost). But they had very limited stock...so if you want hairgrass, or anubias, great...if not... then look elsewhere.

It's great to see so many recommendations from members. Alas-I've not had the best service from pro-shrimp recently!

Additionally & over the last few months, I've received some terrible purchases online, some from specific aqua plant growers & some whereby plants are sold as part of their larger services. It's tough when C-19 affects us all, especially with challenges importing from outside the UK (do we really need to do this?)
& I genuinely empathise with individuals/companies trying to continue marketing & selling; however, there's no excuse for poor packaging, quality & quantity-as it's daunting!

IMG_5380 3.jpeg IMG_5381 2.jpeg IMG_5382 2.jpeg

Evening,
I completely agree re plant stocks & access/purchase, if anyone is near Nottingham & needs plants-there is Brookfields garden centre, World of Water aquatic centre & Bardills garden centre-ring first to see if they have what you need

Back