• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pure aqua,untitled as yet

soton_dave

thought it was about time i started a journel about my new tank.

i bought the tank complete as an ex-display from my local aquajardin as a full running system,as you can see it was a bit neglected but for the price i paid it was a bargain.

heres the tank just after i got it home and refilled it with the old water that was kept,the tank was drained to a couple of inches so what you see is what i saw in the shop.
DSC_0009_zps05e14f0e.jpg

after leaving the tank for a week or so i started thinking about what i wanted to do with it,so i drained the tank taking out all 90+ shrimps that were in there along with the plants,wood and rock and gave it all a good clean,next was the filter a tetra tec ex700,i emptied the media along with another 10 or so shrimp into a bucket where i kept it airated whilst i sorted the tank.

i reused the wood and some of the rocks and came up with a hardscape i was happy with,i reused some of the hc and pogo and got some moss and needle fern of here and some limnophilia aromatica from the bay.

heres the tank just after the rescape
DSC_0014_zps459b9a64.jpg

i went out this weekend and bought some reineckii mini to add a bit of colour and 10 galaxy rasboras to go along with the 7 P. gertrudae that were already in residence in the tank,ive also ordered some more limnophilia aromatica and some blyxa so that should be the planting sorted.

heres the tank as it stands now.
DSC_0019_zpsd0fa31dc.jpg

its currently running with 2x24w T5's(5hrs a day) and FE co2 on a near yellow drop checker but all shrimps are fine as are the fish.

any comments critasism welcomed

cheers dave

That looks really good. Keen to see how it looks in a few weeks time :)

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

Good stuff, Dave. Looks like you lucked out all round - that wood is amazing.
It may just be the photo of course, but I might have been tempted to add some more colourful fish - something with a bit more depth to them so they don't get lost in amongst the aquascape. Your galaxies are nice fish, but the same colour as the wood at the moment.. Some black neons or something similar for example might have been more striking.
Also, you should be able to bleach clean your inlet and outlet pipes clean again - 50:50 bleach:water bath for a couple of hours followed by an hour in a high-concentration dechlorinator bath.

Looking forward to seeing how it comes on.

thanks for the comments.

limnophilia aromatica and blyxa arrived today so i got them planted and also changed the background to black,think it looks a bit more moody now which i like.

appologies for the photo quality and dirty glassware,i'll get on top of both soon......honest..lol

anyway heres a few pics of how its looking now

DSC_0015_zps83c1c90c.jpg

DSC_0012_zps23198f4c.jpg

DSC_0010_zps6e0456f5.jpg

DSC_0013_zps99c5dea6.jpg

im toying with the idea of removing the needle fern and using more moss's unless anyone has any ideas on what to replace it with?

cheers dave

Back