• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Purigen on Ebay

Egmel

Just thought I'd highlight that you can get purigen on ebay now works out about £15 for 250ml :)

Cheers egmel I swear by the stuff, removes tanins even in crystal clear water you wouldn't believe the difference it makes.

It's a lot like carbon but much better as it only removes stuff we don't want in the tank.

It will always have a place in my filter, the water has never looked so clear and when i do my weekly water change the water that comes out is as clear as the fresh water i put in, And it's really not that expensive as i find easy to regenerate! :D

so its just a bag of stuff that goes into your external filter? am i right? its not liquid then.

billy boy said:
And it's really not that expensive as i find easy to regenerate! :D
Can you explain how you do it, would be helpfull for some of us to understand it properly. thanks

LondonDragon said:
Can you explain how you do it, would be helpfull for some of us to understand it properly. thanks
Seachem explains it all. I just bought some last week so I still haven't tried to re-generate it. Look at the borrom of the page >> Seachem Purigen <<

LondonDragon said:
billy boy said:
And it's really not that expensive as i find easy to regenerate! :D

YzemaN beat me to it! It really is as simply as that, i have 2 bags so i have 1 regenerateing when useing the other, Seachem say you can regenerate up to 8 times, I have only done it twice on each bag so only time will tell.

1 bag last's roughly about 2 months for me, so if you can regenerate it 8 times that would be 16 months for £8, So for me thats good value! As well as giveing good water clarity.

Cleaned out a filter today and forgot about the purigen in there, well its now getting rejuvenated.. must be about 1yr old or so..

Had the camera close by so took a picture of what it looks like after a year!

DSC_0039.jpg

Will see how it looks tomorrow.

mmmm tasty!

What do you use to keep yours in? I keep mine in old tights and was going to re-activate it without removing from the bag, it seemed to stick to everything when I was putting it in!

It's certainly gone brown :eek: Was it still keeping the water clear?

Yep, i don't think it had done.. will see though in a few weeks once its back in there..

What do you use to keep yours in? I keep mine in old tights and was going to re-activate it without removing from the bag, it seemed to stick to everything when I was putting it in!

Same, old tights too :lol: Wanted to get it out of the tights, the plan is once its all washed up i will keep pouring it back with water through the tights till i got most of it again

James

james3200 said:
the plan is once its all washed up i will keep pouring it back with water through the tights till i got most of it again
Let me know how that goes!

nisharific said:
Is this only for external filters or can You use the bag in an INTERNAL one?
I can't see a reason not to use it in an internal filter, it's an alternative to activated carbon (but better) which can be used in internal filtration systems.

Basically it's a water polisher but does not remove traces that carbon can.

nisharific said:
Is this only for external filters or can You use the bag in an INTERNAL one?
I used it in an internal for a while, seems to do the job nicely there too :)

Back