• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Putting borders and signatures on digital photographs??

zig

What is the easiest way to put a border or a signature on a digital photograph, I want some way to identify that photos are mine when people download them from the web, that's my main question really, but I am also interested in using borders as well if there is an easy way to do that I would like to know.

I have photoshop version 6 but am pretty clueless tbh on how to use it, but I'm guessing to add signatures I may have to learn!!

Anybody have any ideas where to start or any little programmes I could download that could do this for me easy enough.

Thankyou.

one thing you can do, is increase the canvas size by say, 20 pixels, and tell photoshop you want a black background and to center the current image inside the extra. i think its an option in the same dialogue window.

that should give you a 10 px border around the whole image, then you can put your name in the bottom, or wherever you like :)

Hi Zig, Photoshop is the way forwards. I only use photoshop so i dont know if there is much else out there that may be easier?...
If you have a quick google search for photoshop tutorials you could use those to get a good idea of how photoshop and layers inparticular work.
The easiest way to do what you want to do would be to make a "template" layer like the one here.
Picture2-1.png

That layer is always on the top and you place your required image behind it.

Picture1-5.png

Hope this helps. PM me if you would like some more info or these files for that matter?

Ok thanks chaps I will try it out tomorrow when I have some time and probably annoy you with more questions if thats alright. The way you have it there BigDanne is probably the way to go.

Thanks guys I will report back with my efforts.

Back