• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Q40

A Few Pix from Tonight, Apologies for the Utterly Crap pix. Dunno what is wrong with the camera, is not taking pix properly. Will try and nab another camera from dads box to use for some proper photos.

Still not removed the GWCMM as not found a decent replacement.
Dwarf BBGobies are doing well and are taking pellets :)
Shrimp are doing well, and can see some Blue Tigers in there.
041-1.jpg

062.jpg

062.jpg

046-1.jpg

HC is sending out runners and rooting.
Co2 added and doing well, nice steady rate of bubbles. And the diffuser does look nice.

Decided to try out a new type of Hob >>GEX Aquarium Slim Filter
Looks Different as it is long instead of Deep.
Will be able to fit the heater inside this as perfect size. It is also perfect for this tank as space behind the tank is limited. Should be here sometime next week.
Not bothered about the uplift powerhead being in the tank, as i already use a prefilter sponge for the shrimp, and this comes with one anyway. so no real change there.
GEX_M.jpg

You mentioned Shirley said Earlswood has a better selection of shrimp?

How is your HC faring? Is it still sending out runners or reaching for the light?

Verminator said:
You mentioned Shirley said Earlswood has a better selection of shrimp?

How is your HC faring? Is it still sending out runners or reaching for the light?

yeah, shirley did say as earlswood has a harder water than shirley the keep more shrimp. i have not been able to go up there, but will try this weekend.

HC is sending out runners along the substrate, and a few bits are starting to grow up. so may have tp prune that soon.

LondonDragon said:
Interesting filter and looks narrow too so doesn't take up a lot of space at the back of the tank, you have a link for it? Cheers

Yeah Suprised how good it actually is. Very Quiet and Excellent Flowrate. The Chamber that the inlet empties into like most is empty and then water flows along the back of the filter and thru the chambers and out of the massive outlet.

Here is a Link >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GEX-Aquarium-...m&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2a0701c4fb

Question:
What is the white gloopy stuff that has been collecting in the diffuser.

I Think My Stocking for thsi is now complete.
Found some Gold Heterandria Formosa to replace the GWCMM, so they will be going back in there pond next week.
Getting soem assasin snails, as Snails are getting to prevelent.
BBGobies are doing great and a few have got really fat so may have a few females. The Fat ones only come out to eat and spend there timne in the caves they have made under the Moss Balls.
Rockets have not done very well, and only have 1 left, but he seems happy.
Getting Some BNplecs and Convicts for my Barrells to try and bred them.
Going to go and get some Micro Fish today from Angie down in Northants.

Got 12 Chilli Rasboras and Removed the GWCMM (back in Pond)
Also Got 6 Red Nose Shrimp as loved these last time i had them, reading some mixed reviews on them needing slighlt salty water. IME they thrived in FW without any need for Salt.
Also Got a Few Assassin Snails to control the pond snails.

Assassins got straight to work within a few minutes and Shrimp all piled on top to get titbits from the feeding on the snails. Very Amusing to watch.

Red Nose Shrimp have all decided to take up residence in the Creeping jenny. :)

sanj said:
Gill, did you use a mature filter/ media when stocking?

Of Course :), would never make that newbie mistake. Used the mature media from the aquaclear and cut it to size the fit in the new filter.

Also having a mini LFS Trip on Saturday Afternoon to Maidenhead Aquatics Earlswood and maybe Harlestone Heath if enough time, interested.

One of the Berried Shrimp I spotted last Night, Think it is a wild cherry looking at it
fish03082010010.jpg

And one of the Red Nose Shrimp
fish03082010024.jpg

Gold heterandria Formosa Arrived in Excellent Condition, Thanks to Amerce over on TFF.
Bad news is that My BBGobies thought they were snacks and pounced on the 2 smallest males and killed them. Have no Idea why as they have been fine with the Chilli Rasboras.

The last 3 times I have tried to keep the HF they have all died or been eaten by tankmates. Dunno what is up with my luck and these fish.

very Happy This Morning, Turned on Teh Lights and Found a Very Berried Deep Blue Tiger Shrimp :) Wish I had got pix but the camera was downstairs(now Fixed)

Back