• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question about Lilly pipes

Raws69

Hi first question, for some reason after 3 months my inlet with the skimmer, is sucking in a lot of water at the top to the point the air vortex? Hits the u-bend and makes constant gurgling noises, have no idea why this has started behaving like this. Placement etc has been the same.

also does it matter that much as to how low you have the outlet trumpet below the water surface? I know this affects surface agitation but is there an ideal position?

cheers

I too have a skimmer inlet and it is a bit prone to getting "stuck". I know exactly what you mean about the slurping - especially annoying in the middle of the night! If you bobble the top bit up and down a few times (or take it off completely and refit) it should settle with a little bubble gap at the top of the pipe and the inlet bit is just floating a little. If it doesn't, your water level might be a tad low for it.

Back