• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question for JBL reg + UP Atomizer users

Iam running mine at about 1.7 bar it looks more like big bubbles than mist, looks like a lot of waste in the form of floating bubbles. iam using a ehiem spray bar and jbl pressurized system. don't know if it's working properly or I was just expecting more of a mist. it's the new type by the way
Picks not great
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
20121210_185634_zps3a28b0e0.jpg

Hi
Initially these can be a pig to get up and running properly...it seems that different batches take more pressure than others.. I've just started running a new one and it has taken a pressure of 2.75 bar to get it running with the needle valve open quite a bit.
The first ones only needed 1.7 bar to run properly.
I have had three of these, a older one developed a leak around the co2 tube area, if your working pressure needle is moving up and down slightly you will have a leak of Co2 somewhere.

I would put the working pressure up to 2.5 bar then reduce to 2 bar....if you have a intake pipe that has a Eheim pre-filter sponge or a shrimp cover.....or a sponge covering your intake pipe which is to safe guard small inhabitants these covers will eventually have a effect on flow.....this will restrict the UP atomisers performance...and produce a similar effect what you are seeing.
The above covers need to be monitored and cleaned regularly....to get the best out the UP atomiser.
hoggie

Thanks for the reply hoggie
Doesn't seem to be any fluctuation on the needle and no shrimp protectors. I don't think it needs a clean as it hasent ben right from new. What do you use to clean yours? Il have a play with the pressure and see if that works.
Thanks for the help

Thanks il have to grab another one to swap with
Ant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've had no end of issues with my JBL and the standard bottles and fire extinguishers. I was finding that the bubbles didn't always start flowing even with the reg sat at 3.5 bar. I had to turn the valve slightly and then the bubbles would start. Anything over 3.5 and the safety valve would blow off.

I changed to an easy aqua regulator and not had a problem since and the bubble rate is so much easier to control.

Cost me about £40 second hand on eBay. There are people that have had success, but it's never been better since I upgraded.

Excuse the cat, couldn't be bothered taking a new picture.

xCAMBFC.jpg

Back