• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question for person who recommended my co2

peaches

I can't remember who but a member recommended a particular co2 kit from eBay. I can't find my instructions and I m not sure if my solenoid valve is sticking or if my tank has suddenly emptied. I'm wondering how to find out what the problem is. I turned it off for 2 weeks holiday and on my return I can only get one bubble per 8 seconds when I turn it on.

How do you tell if it's an equipment malfunction or an empty tank.

Help!

15330616162047790270469291617886.jpg

An empty tank means zero bubbles, reduced bubble count usually clogged atomiser. Provided you can ascertain that there is CO₂ in the tank (gauge reading or weight check) then it is a process of elimination to diagnose problems, best to start at the easiest end first. Disconnect the atomiser (if it's clogged it will need a good clean), if bubbles then flow freely in the counter then you know the problem is the atomiser. If after removing the atomiser the bubble count stays the same (even if the needle valve is in a full open position) then there is either a problem with the counter or before it, disconnect the counter and reconnect tubing, if there is free flow of gas the problem lay with the counter, if there is no change then obviously the fault is at the needle valve or before it, I wouldn't recommend self service if it's a new regulator, send it back to the supplier for a replacement.

I have got it working a little better. I decided to unscrew the bubble counter. Cue hiss and water spurt. I wondered if during the holiday water went backwards. Someone told me I didn't need a check valve as the bubble counter was one way, but I've added one now, not sure if it was right thing to do. The bubbling was ok but the diffuser was slow to show any misting. After seeing the above post I will look at the atomizer and clean it as I reckon that's clogged.

Back