• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

question on diy sump

liqourish

Seedling
i made a sump and was wondering if the water suppose to smell liek an old wet ragg. it also has some nats in it. is that normal and is there suppose to be good circulation in it too?

i used a clear plastic walmart ultility box and vinyl tubing from lowes to make it. and some pvc for overflow

So you're constantly pumping water from the sump to the tank? Seems surprising that it smells funny. If by gnats you mean mosquito larvae fish 'em out and put the in the tank, your fish will go mad for them :D

Got any pics of the setup?

Mark

well yeah. its 300 gph pump. but im sure im getting less at 4 feet. prolly like 180gph.

well its like small dead moquitos i guess. just floating around. the smell is weird so i thought id just ask. 10 gallon top tank. and 30 gal (half fill with water ) sump. the smell wasnt as bad until i made the sump lol.

btw tanks for the misquito feedin tips. was throwin em out on the floor (trash is faar way lol)

Back