• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Questions on ADA substrate additives

Robbie X

Hi all, does anyone use substrate additives, in particular, ADA tourmaline bc, ADA clear super and ADA bactor 100?
I have been watching TGM tank setup vids where these additives along with ADA powersand and ADA Amazonia are used.
I have also read a few journals where just ADA Powersand and Amazonia are used without the ADA additives.
What benefits would I gain if I decided to use these additives along with Powersand and Amazonia?
Cheers

ADA market their substrate as part of a complete system including all the gubbins you've mentioned.
However, I don't think that any of it is essential to success.
I've used Amazonia on its own and it's been fine...

30081188683_9830307994_c-jpg.jpg

ADA market their substrate as part of a complete system including all the gubbins you've mentioned.
However, I don't think that any of it is essential to success.
I've used Amazonia on its own and it's been fine...

30081188683_9830307994_c-jpg.jpg
Tank looks great :) How old is it? Was just reading a little more on the additives, seems they help extend the lifespan due to the extra nutrients.

It's been going strong for quite a while even with an extended period of neglect https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/windswept-eternity-back-from-the-brink.37490/

All you need is Amazonia...and an adequate water column fertz regime.
Amazonia has a high CEC (cation exchange capacity) it will absorbed nutrients from the water column, especially if you have decent flow and distribution.

Also, most aquatic plants will be fine with just foliar feeding alone anyway...you could grow them in marbles if you're so inclined.

It's been going strong for quite a while even with an extended period of neglect https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/windswept-eternity-back-from-the-brink.37490/

All you need is Amazonia...and an adequate water column fertz regime.
Amazonia has a high CEC (cation exchange capacity) it will absorbed nutrients from the water column, especially if you have decent flow and distribution.

Also, most aquatic plants will be fine with just foliar feeding alone anyway...you could grow them in marbles if you were so inclined.
Many thanks Tim

Back