• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quick question!

Wayney

Just wondering how you folks look after your hi-tech tanks if/when you become ill ? I've been quite ill for about the last fortnight and have been unable to do any maintenance,dosing etc... and the tank is starting to suffer (glosso especially).
How do you guys manage co I just dont like anyone else messing with my tank.

My tank often goes 2 weeks without water changes. In fact it can often go two weeks without ferts too. The benefits of having a nice mature stable tank with Aquasoil IMHO. I get a bit of algae on the older leaves but I'm not paranoid about that.

Ed Seeley said:
My tank often goes 2 weeks without water changes. In fact it can often go two weeks without ferts too.

before i ripped my big rena tank down, i did a little test. i let the tank run with minimal ferts and no water changes for 6 weeks! everything flourished! ADA AS and a mature filter i guess. and no algae issues what so ever ;)

Thanks for the reassurance fellas, It's only the glosso thats in decline but because there's so much of it in the tank it makes the whole tank look crap :( on the upside though i've got some wicked awesome red Ech tenellus leaves now :lol:

Back