• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Quick T8 advice

andy

I currently have 3 x 40w (ish), 42" T8 tubes. An old white tube, an old normal tropical tube and a new Triplus tube.

The two "old" white and tropical tubes will be replaced this weekend. Any suggestions what types to add. I'm tempted to just add 2 more triplus tubes, giving me 3 triplus in total as they seem to do a good job but would you do anything different ?

Are floraglo or dayglo tubes worth it ?

Any suggestions would be welcome

Andy

a1Matt

It really is personal preference as to what you like. There is no right or wrong.

I have gone for 3 x Triplus in the past and have been really pleased with this.

I currently have one triplus and 2 Osram 880 lamps. The white from the Osram balances out the pink from the triplus lamps - with this combo reds don't stand out as much, but greens look more vivid.

See this post here for some comparisons of different lamps:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=555&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=osram+880

thewizardhunter

Hi Andy,

If I were you I would take this opportunity to upgrade the bulbs to T6s They are 40% brighter thatn T8s and directly interchangeable. I used T8s before and changed them with T6s from www.aquaessentials.co.uk Have never looked back. Also for the fist time I'm able to grown lawn successfully in my tank.