Quick T8 advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by andy, 6 Oct 2008.

1. andy

andy Member

I currently have 3 x 40w (ish), 42" T8 tubes. An old white tube, an old normal tropical tube and a new Triplus tube.

The two "old" white and tropical tubes will be replaced this weekend. Any suggestions what types to add. I'm tempted to just add 2 more triplus tubes, giving me 3 triplus in total as they seem to do a good job but would you do anything different ?

Are floraglo or dayglo tubes worth it ?

Any suggestions would be welcome

Andy

2. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

It really is personal preference as to what you like. There is no right or wrong.

I have gone for 3 x Triplus in the past and have been really pleased with this.

I currently have one triplus and 2 Osram 880 lamps. The white from the Osram balances out the pink from the triplus lamps - with this combo reds don't stand out as much, but greens look more vivid.

See this post here for some comparisons of different lamps:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=555&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=osram+880

3. thewizardhunter

thewizardhunter Newly Registered

Hi Andy,

If I were you I would take this opportunity to upgrade the bulbs to T6s They are 40% brighter thatn T8s and directly interchangeable. I used T8s before and changed them with T6s from www.aquaessentials.co.uk Have never looked back. Also for the fist time I'm able to grown lawn successfully in my tank.

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Didn't they changes the triplus? Or was that the PCT5's?

Either way I will always be a fan of the Arcadia freshwater tube, which has never let me down. Cheap too.

Sam