• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

raging planet of dandelion.

thanks you all.

paul.in.kendal said:
Will you be able to capture such super detail on a fish, d'you think?

it's a possibility. they will need to swim close to the front glass. i can get fast shutter speeds, it's the focusing that will hinder me, but with patience i reckon it's a reality. I'll only be able to get foreground shots of plants. mosses, riccia pearling and they would be completely different to everything else i've done. it may not work though.

samc said:
it would be good to print some onto a canvas. id have them on my wall any day

cheers sam. i plan on printing one or 2 myself.

Gill said:
Loving the Dandelion and the moss

thanks gill.

saintly said:
thanks you all.

paul.in.kendal said:
Will you be able to capture such super detail on a fish, d'you think?

it's a possibility. they will need to swim close to the front glass. i can get fast shutter speeds, it's the focusing that will hinder me, but with patience i reckon it's a reality. I'll only be able to get foreground shots of plants. mosses, riccia pearling and they would be completely different to everything else i've done. it may not work though.
I can't wait to see you try - shrimp will be in-credible! :clap:

Fantastic. The dandelion head is mind blowing.

I think I've turned a shade of green as well ;)

thanks peeps.

ok, last one for a bit. it's a fuscia flower.

i've been looking under the sofa, behind the dresser looking for spiders :geek:

fuscia.jpg

samc said:
bet its quite fun looking for things to shoot :lol:

yep.

i tried peering into my 60 cm tank. i don't have much to play with, only stuff in the foreground. so it looks like HC is the only thing I'll capture. bubbles should look huge.

this shot isn't a strange attempt at iwagumi. the larger pebbles are exactly that. just pebbles. the smaller stuff is fine grade sand :p i went closer still and the sand looked like pebbles. it does take you into another world.

sand.jpg

You want to be careful, Mark. One of my friends posted all of his A level photography work onto Flikr only to a couple of weeks later see them being sold on canvas' in a shopping centre!

Garuf said:
You want to be careful, Mark. One of my friends posted all of his A level photography work onto Flikr only to a couple of weeks later see them being sold on canvas' in a shopping centre!

I have seen that too, albeit being sold online but still as bad.

I love the fuscia flower. cant wait to see some aquatic shots with it :thumbup:

It makes me so angry every time I see them being offered up in shopping centres and online, I really feel for the artists who almost doubtlessly see none of the profits or even any recognition. I'm certain it's illegal, to boot.

Really, really good photos Mark, I'd love to see some fish under that lens.

If you publish your hi-res images public online then it's no surprise certain folk lacking integrity will take advantage...

I'm certain Mark is wiser than that. :)

Super shots, Mark. That lens really does open up a whole new world of creative potential. Nice one.

hey, i'm not really bothered. hi res or not. i like to share. TBH, these really aren't good enough to be put on a wall. good look to those who try. actually it'd bring a little smile to my face.

help your self people. :thumbup:

cheers John.

i've just checked exactly how deep into a tank i can shoot. it's not a lot, but i've got at least 6 inches. so fish shots are definite yes,as will be shrimp so is HC and moss in foreground. :D

Back