• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rain water

hypnogogia

I have a quick question abut rainwater. Will rainwater that has drained across a felt roof (such as on a garden shed) be OK for aquarium use?

Hi all,
Will rainwater that has drained across a felt roof (such as on a garden shed) be OK for aquarium use?
Should be fine, it isn't in contact with the felt for long. If the felt was very new, and there was an obvious oily sheen on the water in the water butt? I would wait until that went away before I used it in the tank.

cheers Darrel

Will rainwater that has drained across a felt roof (such as on a garden shed) be OK for aquarium use?
Hi @hypnogogia

My reservation about rainwater that has flowed across roofs, guttering, etc, is what it may pick up in the process - bird droppings, etc. I use rainwater that I collect in a clean container and then pass through a coffee filter. The use of coffee filters has been discussed very recently with @dw1305 providing some excellent information.

JPC

Back