• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rainwater storage - bit chilly this week!

tam

Anyone else had logistical issues with their rainwater supply this week? I did eventually manage to aquire some, but it was a bit chunkier than usual.

If you are bringing rainwater inside for temporary storage, do you do anything with it? I think of it as a bit more 'live' than RO, I'm guessing has a range of bacteria/nutrients etc. in as it often has bonus snacks. I know it sits there in the water butt outside, but that tends to be a cooler temperature than inside and gets some circluation from fresh rain. If I bring it in should I add an airline or circulation pump so it's not sitting there stagnating? Or is that over thinking?

IMG-20221214-WA0001.jpeg

I only deal in fairly small volumes, but I’ve usually got 2 x 5 litre bottles of rain water drawn from a butt sitting about in the house. Our house is never that warm - and certainly isn’t at the mo - but I wouldn’t worry if it’s out of the sun and don’t have any sludge/leaves.

Back