• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ram Bam and Gone- torn down ready for its new life

Will you be trying the terrestrial moss immersed? I am interested to try it myself but concerned that it will die.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Did a water change and fed this afternoon.
And happy to see that I have Def got a Mix of Male and Female Imbellis.
They hide in amongst all the wood and Java Fern during most of the time, and is nice to see them at feeding. There is plenty of surface cover for them to build nests in when they are ready.

Also If you are local to Derby, Deans got some Interesting Shrimp coming thru in the Mixed Tank. Saw some Green Carbon Rilli Females, Last time I was there before Lockdown.

Have angled the larger uplift off of the floor of the tank, so that any fish that jump. Can make their way back into the main area of the tank.

went to Deans today to break the the boredom.
And He gave me some Cuttings from the TreeFrog Tanks, that are now in the Archer Tank.
Please ID for me, Have added to the Moss and Hydro on top of the matting.

20200402_132537.jpg
20200402_132354.jpg

Also seen a Lovely Silver Arrow, just screaming out to be fed well with Keratine High foods so that it Turns Pink. Now Where Can I fit a 5 Footer ?????????

Could not help myself today, Added 4 Juvi Chameleon Whiptails that Dean has bred himself. Forgot to take pix, so will see if they are out and about later.

Added a lot of moss from Fil.
I live how filled in it is. And that 1/4 is dark, yet filled with moss in the dark part.

The cories love the dark areas aswell as the imbellis. And will see the imbellis skull around sometimes.

78d3b7dadafc7f52eab4199d6541fb75.jpg
2866c7ca2c2c4f3d9d578e38c2240807.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oh and the pile of snails is from a shrimp tab. They converge on them for days.

To give some perspective there are over 100 oak leaves in amongst the hardscaping and plants etc. Which the fish love to hide in.

Last edited:
Pix from tonight. Too much glare during the day.

Do need to add another coat to the hood. As a lot of light spilling.

Will remove the hood tomorrow and let the emerged section have a breathe. Its getting very full and parts are flowering
7b376412193b42562ecaa93425d1e957.jpg
12d9e72e30749032612d29b50f172855.jpg
86f25465fbefab98e8bb59eb4858b596.jpg

So I just noticed this this evening, As went to get the pups ball from under the sofa.
Looks like the whole left side base has warped. Its about 3mm warping which is not great.
Dunno how long there was a leak for, or where from.

Great news for me :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:, will need to find a solution and new cabinet or complete set.
Not going to replace yet, as moving again soon. So will replace once moved. Hopefully now its warmer it will dry out completely and has not compromised the structure too badly.

@George Farmer any ideas on how long it may last. It is over 3 years old and so far survived 4 house moves.

e9aa3aabeba007daa20ba46d7d45a952.jpg
e6d6ac50f0baabbc9e4d48a50bc82b71.jpg
9f65b65cabc9605cb968e7d8877d696f.jpg

Last edited:
This is how thick thr moss has become.
5 fingers thick matt of it. And covers the matala matting and in it.

Going to do a heavy trim of all the plants, in the morning. And put them in a bucket, as fish have been spawning alot. And see what if anything hatches
c54f346ec3c95343b97c6bc04e163495.jpg
a43976578cfa76d9c49239ee193630ac.jpg

Also been looking at a replacement tank, and wondering what to get.
Think I am going for a hooded tank this time. And have been looking at the aqua one range, boyu, sun sun. Though I am hoping this one lasts till I move again.

So did a big trim on the bolbitis and java fern and moss. And while doing the moss out pop several gourami fry, So stopped and left it alone. They all darted back in, So will leave them be.
Trimmed back to Hydrocotyle alot. And trained a few more runners to hang down the sides of the tank.

Put all the trimming split between the nano pond and a spare tank i use to store sand.
And added a hareem of LFWCMM to a nano in the garden, and will see what happens.

Going to browse a few catalogues in the morrow. And try and narrow down new tank choice.
As I have decided on arowana again, not kept one for ten years. And want a lovely planted arowana tank. With loads of moss and swords and anubias. Lots of wood hardscape with big twisty burls.
Plus I want to see how pink I can turn an arowana with the right diet. Last one was stunning with deep candyfloss pink stripes in its finnage.
And so it will force me to buy as big as I can. If I can squeeze a 6footer in I will. Who needs a 3 seater in the conservatory, its only used by the dog and takes up so much space.

Back