• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Random idea

RudeDogg1

Ok guys hear me out lol, has anyone tried growing watercress in built in filter compartment or floating in their tank? I know people grow it in ponds and pond filters and it’s great for removing excess stuff from the water. Or would it be to warm that’s my only concern

A lot of discussion about the nasty things that live in Aquariums that you might eat.

I tried it, but it melted. I'm planning to try again in the summer, letting the water cress slowly get used to warmer water in the pond, then put some in the tank when there won't be a sudden difference in temp.

Oh I didn’t want to eat I just thought it might be beneficial. Plus even if I did want to eat it I can’t see how it would be any different than the farmed stuff which is fed from streams and rivers

I tried it, but it melted. I'm planning to try again in the summer, letting the water cress slowly get used to warmer water in the pond, then put some in the tank when there won't be a sudden difference in temp.

Ah ok that answered that then lol. I tried growing it in my pond once and the buggers just ate it straight away. I might try some in the top of the waterfall tho once I turn it back on

I use to use it all the time in my filter beds it’s was great and grow huge and roots were very iilong
So my concern would be that it grew too big to use in an aquariums filter chamber

What do you want it to take out of the water ?I’llio
Don’t your plants already use it all up

There are numerous other plants you could have growing out of the filter

Look at any of the plants on the emersed thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to use it all the time in my filter beds it’s was great and grow huge and roots were very iilong
So my concern would be that it grew too big to use in an aquariums filter chamber
Yes, we used to grow it in a pond and I am sure in the outflow stream from the filter the stems used to grow almost an inch thick!

Back