• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

RCS breeding at 86F ???

alexandre

Just wanted to share those photos, I didn't know it was possible.

07-2008033.jpg

07-2008034.jpg

07-2008036.jpg

07-2008044.jpg

07-2008040.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
My cherries were breeding when the tank was at 32ºC over the summer heat wave! lol
I now have over a hundred in the tank, must get rid of some soon, they are everywhere!

alexandre

thebullit said:
why do you have the temp so high any way? but nice 1 any way

I don't have that kind of temperature by choice. Even with the air condition switch on 8 to 10 hours a day, the aquarium don't cool down, I have got a big lounge....

LondonDragon said:
My cherries were breeding when the tank was at 32ºC over the summer heat wave! lol
I now have over a hundred in the tank, must get rid of some soon, they are everywhere!

Good to ear that. I was a bit worry peoples take me for a liar. After all breeding temp 23C, 25C they should stop to breed...
Just wanted to share.
If you want to re dove some, I will be happy to buy some from you, so I can bring new "blood" to mine. Let me know.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
alexandre said:
After all breeding temp 23C, 25C they should stop to breed...
Crystal Red need this type of temperature and Sulawesi need around 28ºC

Wolfenrook

Cherry shrimp actually have a very broad range of temperatures at which they are happy and will breed. The guide is usually 65-85, but as you have found they are happy at higher temperatures than this as well. In fact most Neocaridina species will live happily at higher temperatures, I keep all of my shrimp tanks at 27 degrees C, as lower than this and breeding slows.

Ade