• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
Hi, it’s a 20” HMA filter:
20" sediment filter and Spectrum PCB-20-CM carbon. The pre filter will remove sediment down to 1 micron and protects the carbon cartridges from blocking or channelling there by lengthening their useful life. The PCB filter will remove Chlorine and Chloramine if present along with organically bonded metals.

How long will the cartridges last?

This depends on the flow though speed of water, and the ppm of the target contaminates.

- Option One @ 7.6 LPM - Chlorine to 190,000 litres, Chloramine to 12,000 litres.
- Option One @ 3.8 LPM - Chlorine to 380,000 litres, Chloramine to 30,000 litres.

Cheerio
Ady.

Thanks Ady, where did you buy them? Devotedly Discus?

Thanks Ady, where did you buy them? Devotedly Discus?
Yes :thumbup: They have different types for different scenarios within your home.

Perfect, can’t fault anything. Great fish choice and the layout looks fantastic. It really has developed into something special.

cheers

Conor

That's stunning mate, exceptional looking tank and inhabitants.... although I reserve judgement on the betta
emoji848.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, I know, I know but for some reason I just couldn’t resist the Betta in the shop, just something about him :woot:
there's the money shot :eek:

it's amazing how planning/planting well at the start allows it to mature into something special like that as time goes on, impressive mate
Thanks Kalum, on reflection it was too lightly planted from the start, but good things come to those who wait :lol:
Perfect, can’t fault anything. Great fish choice and the layout looks fantastic. It really has developed into something special.

cheers

Conor
Very nice if you to say Conor, although close up there are things to fault :D

thanks again for the positive comments, wonder how long this scape will last.....I think unless boredom kicks in then it could go on indefinitely :cool:
Cheerio,

wonder how long this scape will last.....I think unless boredom kicks in then it could go on indefinitely :cool:

The passion for the new is inevitable for most folks. Beautiful scape @Ady34 top job :)

Stunning setup mate looks great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Simply Stunning.
Do you find that the Dragon Fighter spends most of his time within the dense planting. Or does he venture out into the high flow areas.

This is one excellent journal which derserves a place in the Featured section :)
Thank you Paulo and to all that have contributed to the journal so far. The interest, knowledge and willingness to share from forum members never ceases to amaze and makes UKAPS what it is and the best around :)

Little photo while we’re here....

30BC4D52-F3F6-4B59-8EB3-71D9717D5BD0.jpeg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Simply Stunning.
Do you find that the Dragon Fighter spends most of his time within the dense planting. Or does he venture out into the high flow areas.
He ventures out regularly to be honest, the tank isn’t the ideal place for him really but he can hide away if he needs.
Stunning setup mate looks great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks Dean, much appreciated.
Such a beautiful scape! Love the whiptails.
Cheers, yeah I love them too, I love fish generally and would have countless numbers of all sorts if I could, hence this tank being far too full and eclectic :lol:

Congrats, I’ve said before how inspiring this tank is!! Especially your use of stems. Time to have a read from the beginning...

Finally got round to doing a full read through of the thread... :clap::thumbup: I’m even more inspired to make changes to my own tank to emulate your use of slow predominantly slow growing plants, simple and substrate etc...

Did you plant the crypts in the sand in the end?

Can you advise how you’ve attached the Ludwigia? I’d like to emulate this approach in my own tank (if I can find some again in the shops :mad: after I stupidly got rid of mine). I struggle with Java fern up top both collecting detritus from food getting blown into it by the filter and getting algae in the high light up top when the plants at the base need it this high... (sorry you did ask me before Xmas what I meant about thit... here is the explanation at last!!)

Back