• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
Centre of the tank shot.....

760A5488-A0A6-41C3-B2F7-4058798684B2.jpeg

Still ticking along nicely.
Little bit of bba hanging around on the wood in areas, likely due to needing to up frequency of filter maintenence. That being said I did a full filter clean today and in two weeks will do the other.
Fissidens needs a trim again and the rotala I got from @hogan53 (🙏) are starting to grow nicely so will be moved to mix with the ludwigia on the right of the tank soon.....

5C4C82CB-85D6-4A36-B479-3892CA96EC3F.jpeg

Little shot of the wall decor too. Quite like having this themed art above the tank. My Father’s Day present from the kids was a print of my iaplc image which is currently at the framers and this will join the fish shoal behind the tank soon :)

0A274C4D-623A-4175-AB8A-E722B2876512.jpeg

Cheerio,

Still ticking along nicely.
Little bit of bba hanging around on the wood in areas, likely due to needing to up frequency of filter maintenence. That being said I did a full filter clean today and in two weeks will do the other.
Fissidens needs a trim again and the rotala I got from @hogan53 (🙏) are starting to grow nicely so will be moved to mix with the ludwigia on the right of the tank soon.....

View attachment 151966

Little shot of the wall decor too. Quite like having this themed art above the tank. My Father’s Day present from the kids was a print of my iaplc image which is currently at the framers and this will join the fish shoal behind the tank soon :)

View attachment 151967

Cheerio,

Looking fantastic Ady. How do you hold all the stems down, do you have to weight any of them, or do they all just wedge in gaps in the rocks and wood?

Looking fantastic Ady. How do you hold all the stems down, do you have to weight any of them, or do they all just wedge in gaps in the rocks and wood?
Hi,
The stems are simply pushed into the bolbitis and the fern and bucephelandra. No weights or any other means, the plants are quite dense so hold the stems well, and especially in regards the ludwigia, it grows roots quickly which anchor it very well. The ludwigia has the added advantage of being quite a large leaved and robust plant so the lower leaves act like anchors also.
Cheerio,

Still amazed every time I see a photo of this tank :) would not change a thing here other than move it to my living room! lol
Thank you Paulo :)

I would love to see a high res picture of the FTS. Very balanced scape that's for sure. Maybe you need to add a little tension....you know...just for kicks and giggles.

I would love to see a high res picture of the FTS. Very balanced scape that's for sure. Maybe you need to add a little tension....you know...just for kicks and giggles.
Ha ha, I thought I had tension with the lower right wood going the opposite way.......I’d love a high resolution image too however limited to my phone camera :(

Little home decor rearrangement tonight....,
Includes my awesome Father’s Day present back from the framers today :)

07163F3B-EBA3-402B-9880-6ABD1B5EC8F9.jpeg

cheerio,

How you manage to keep the carpet dry during maintenance?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
I think it’s because @Ady34 has a wife and he values his personal safety 😂
It is true, I do value my safety :) ....I also utilise an old piece of carpet that I roll out over the living room carpet as seen here when the puppy was ‘helping’ me with maintenance.....
AED9771B-19F5-4A55-8303-4E1F53A3E297.jpeg

Cheerio,

What be in the reflection?.......
91C536E3-4523-42D8-B343-2197E6FEB43B.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I have a 600 as well, looking forward to seeing what you would come up, and looks like you had the perfect spot for it, just the right space. :)
Thanks, thought I had a plan for it but now I don’t, need to consider my options scape wise but definitely planted. Perhaps leaning more towards an iwagumi now but not set in stone.
It fits the space nice but the radiator position is not ideal, I think it should be ok though.
Wow mate MTS has kicked in is that technically 4 now lol
Yeah, 1500, 30c, 600 and the dooa.....although that doesn’t count as it’s a terrarium ;)
Both the kids have tanks too so there are 6 so far....

cheerio,

C069B808-E70A-4F87-8E7B-129426791DD4.jpeg

Yeah, 1500, 30c, 600 and the dooa.....although that doesn’t count as it’s a terrarium ;)
Both the kids have tanks too so there are 6 so far....
Crikey Ady, is there any corner of your home left to fill ? :p
Either way looking forward to seeing what you do with this one ;)

Back