• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
This is gorgeous, love the Bucephalandra (is that right?), if could make something half as beautiful I'd be happy :D

This is gorgeous, love the Bucephalandra (is that right?), if could make something half as beautiful I'd be happy :D
Thank you and yep, that’s right, bucephelandra are stunning plants 🌱

Just saw the video of this tank in George Farmer’s YouTube channel. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing scape! Amazing work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Vijay, much appreciated :)

It was great to have @George Farmer in our home to photograph and film the tank for a feature on his channel and an upcoming PFK feature too :cool:

here he is;
47FFAAC9-217F-46A2-ACDB-C7AB51E7CCF1.jpeg

and here I am;
FC1089C8-E5EE-4169-BC01-2D6F4C8B3C7D.jpeg

here’s a link to the video:

Cheerio,
Ady.

Managed to capture this image the other evening looking up at the tank. It looked so natural, like looking up through the water at the sky

Managed to capture this image the other evening looking up at the tank. It looked so natural, like looking up through the water at the sky :cool:

View attachment 153666

That is an fantastic shot Ady, looks like an Ada catalog.:cool:

Congrats for the G.Farmer YouTube video Ady, will defo take a look later. ;)

Thank you and yep, that’s right, bucephelandra are stunning plants 🌱

Thanks Vijay, much appreciated :)

It was great to have @George Farmer in our home to photograph and film the tank for a feature on his channel and an upcoming PFK feature too :cool:

here he is;
View attachment 154094
and here I am;
View attachment 154096

here’s a link to the video:

Cheerio,
Ady.

Watched this today. Looked absolutely stunning!

Well done Ady, those plants have grown in to monsters 👍
Ha I know, kind of further exaggerates the lack of sense of scale in here 🤪
Watched this today. Looked absolutely stunning!
Thanks Paul 🙌
That is an fantastic shot Ady, looks like an Ada catalog.:cool:

Congrats for the G.Farmer YouTube video Ady, will defo take a look later. ;)
Thanks man, yeah I got lucky with that shot, don’t really even know how it happened but looks a little more impactful with an Instagram filter 😬

cheerio,

Saw the video yesterday . Further insight to the great plant growth Lovely aquarium:)
Thank you.

The tank has once again suffered an outbreak of bba and staghorn, blooming just a week after George’s visit. It is being stubborn to remedy and I’m wondering if perhaps the wood is now a major contributing factor. I’ve upped maintenence again, both filters have been fully cleaned and I’m on two water changes per week. I am going to reduce lighting intensity and use excel also to combat it as it doesn’t seem to be shifting. Generally the plants don’t seem as healthy so something is off balance.
The sand is also much dirtier when I’m siphoning so I’m thinking there is an accelerated deterioration of wood.

here are some close ups of the algae on the edges of the buce.....

E2C437C5-8B53-4272-8F21-CFC50B6CFE0D.jpeg

2D1A15F2-A7DD-47B8-8D32-E00AAF2A91D0.jpeg

B6F75453-197A-4F0F-AFDB-6E1D08140207.jpeg

Cheerio,

Thank you.

The tank has once again suffered an outbreak of bba and staghorn, blooming just a week after George’s visit. It is being stubborn to remedy and I’m wondering if perhaps the wood is now a major contributing factor. I’ve upped maintenence again, both filters have been fully cleaned and I’m on two water changes per week. I am going to reduce lighting intensity and use excel also to combat it as it doesn’t seem to be shifting. Generally the plants don’t seem as healthy so something is off balance.
The sand is also much dirtier when I’m siphoning so I’m thinking there is an accelerated deterioration of wood.

here are some close ups of the algae on the edges of the buce.....

View attachment 154984

View attachment 154985

View attachment 154983

Cheerio,
I find mixing glute in a spray bottle with some tank water does the trick. Spray all the exposed plants/hardscape when doing a water change and within a week or so the stuff is defeated. Leave it to soak for say ten minutes and then fill. I used to spot dose but it is too long and tedious if you have a lot of affected areas. Combining this with the increased maintenance you are doing should do the trick hopefully.

tank still looks great by the way, a proper nature aquarium!

cheers

Conor

I find mixing glute in a spray bottle with some tank water does the trick. Spray all the exposed plants/hardscape when doing a water change and within a week or so the stuff is defeated. Leave it to soak for say ten minutes and then fill. I used to spot dose but it is too long and tedious if you have a lot of affected areas. Combining this with the increased maintenance you are doing should do the trick hopefully.

tank still looks great by the way, a proper nature aquarium!

cheers

Conor

What ratio of glute/water do you use Conor? I tried this a few months ago managed to melt some anubias and buce, so went back to misting with a syringe - think I have it in a 10:1 solution, but may have left it sitting on there too long.

@Ady34 are you using Purigen in your filters? If not, that may help a little if you think your wood is releasing organics.

What ratio of glute/water do you use Conor? I tried this a few months ago managed to melt some anubias and buce, so went back to misting with a syringe - think I have it in a 10:1 solution, but may have left it sitting on there too long.

@Ady34 are you using Purigen in your filters? If not, that may help a little if you think your wood is releasing organics.
It was quite a strong mix and not very exact if I’m honest lol. Think I done about 6/7ml which is about a double dose to treat my entire tank If added directly to the aquarium, with about 400ml of water. I think 10:1 solution as you’ve found is far too strong.

Also when dosing be careful not to breath the mist in, glute is pretty nasty.

cheers

It was quite a strong mix and not very exact if I’m honest lol. Think I done about 6/7ml which is about a double dose to treat my entire tank If added directly to the aquarium, with about 400ml of water. I think 10:1 solution as you’ve found is far too strong.

Ah, that'll be it then! :D

Back