• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reactor bypass setup

john arnold

Does anyone think this will work as greenaqua think this will only reduce flow by 10% this way instead of
30% with a fluval 306 filter or oase 350 ? I have an aquamedic 1000 coming this week

upload_2019-2-5_10-38-19.jpeg

It makes sense to me John. But the key benefit of the Aquamedic 1000 is the absence of a turbo rotor, which in other products can sometimes fail to spin. It would also allow you to manually turn off the flow at night, so that any undissolved bubbles do not continue to add carbon dioxide to the water. Having the diversion valve open during the daytime could reduce the amount of carbon dioxide diffused - if it was half open, you would get half as much carbon dioxide. This product could be a great way of matching high flows with the amount of carbon dioxide you actually require.

Does anyone think this will work

Yes :thumbup:

I have a bypass which works a treat IMO
upload_2017-12-16_17-50-27-png.png

Even at low flow rates through the reactors I get Fast pH drops over 1.5pH in 30mins, but i do have twin soleniods/ injectors a pH controller and a PLC to control the injection rate.Which vary during the CO2 injection period to suit the light intensity.

But you may have a large CO2 build up in in the CO2 reactor as I do. Try and mount the CO2 reactor as low as possible in the cabinet to increase the reactors internal pressure a little which will help the CO2 uptake also IMO every little helps

It makes sense to me John. But the key benefit of the Aquamedic 1000 is the absence of a turbo rotor, which in other products can sometimes fail to spin. It would also allow you to manually turn off the flow at night, so that any undissolved bubbles do not continue to add carbon dioxide to the water. Having the diversion valve open during the daytime could reduce the amount of carbon dioxide diffused - if it was half open, you would get half as much carbon dioxide. This product could be a great way of matching high flows with the amount of carbon dioxide you actually require.

Thanks i hope so....

Yes :thumbup:

I have a bypass which works a treat IMO
upload_2017-12-16_17-50-27-png.png

Even at low flow rates through the reactors I get Fast pH drops over 1.5pH in 30mins, but i do have twin soleniods/ injectors a pH controller and a PLC to control the injection rate.Which vary during the CO2 injection period to suit the light intensity.

But you may have a large CO2 build up in in the CO2 reactor as I do. Try and mount the CO2 reactor as low as possible in the cabinet to increase the reactors internal pressure a little which will help the CO2 uptake also IMO every little helps

That looks like some setup, mines a lot simpler and i hope the 306 filter is enough because i didnt want another filter amd pipes in tank, should be delivered this week i hope,
Just a quicky im worried about when o go on holiday for 2 weeks the co2 build up i have noone to do it fir me, if i turn co2 off wont i get an algae outbreak

What I do with my CO2 build up is nothing. CO2 goes off and it slowly gets picked up by the water, takes hours :rolleyes:
That was one of the advantages of Foxfish reactors the CO2 dissolved pretty quick, think it was a combination of the swirling water and the increased pressure in the reactor due to the pump feeding it.

What I do with my CO2 build up is nothing. CO2 goes off and it slowly gets picked up by the water, takes hours :rolleyes:
That was one of the advantages of Foxfish reactors the CO2 dissolved pretty quick, think it was a combination of the swirling water and the increased pressure in the reactor due to the pump feeding it.
Oh ok thats good to know cheers

Back