• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reactor or Bazooka or?

bugs

How to diffuse CO2? 55ltr tank with Juwel internal filter:
  1. 50mm Bazooka?
  2. In the past I directed output from a Juwel internal into what was a cylindrical stepped type reactor(?). It created an opposing flow to the CO2 rising up the steps, just enough to keep the bubbles in suspension. Seemed to work quite well, albeit more kit in the tank. Do these things still exist?
  3. Plumb the Aqua Art Atomiser into the outlet, or is this overkill?
Choices, choices...

Beware of back pressure generated by some of these atomizers/bazooka - depending on filter, flow rate may decrease significantly (& some motors are less keen on operating longterm under significant backpressure)

Beware of back pressure generated by some of these atomizers/bazooka - depending on filter, flow rate may decrease significantly (& some motors are less keen on operating longterm under significant backpressure)
Thanks & noted. These are the times when online outlets need to do more to show how each device works. I thought the Bazookas attached only to the co2?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

:lol:
I was thinking of reactors & inline CO2 devices (& heaters) - anything that narrows or curves the filter outlet lines
:sorry: for the confusion :oops:

Ah, OK. No problem. Thanks for clarifying.

Can you please explain how I would know if there was back pressure? I set my FE CO2 up yesterday and it was with a bazooka atomiser. I bought a kit from ebay which was recommended by another fishkeeper and the bazooka was included.

I have logged on this evening with the same sort of question. I was wondering about the JBL ProFlora Direct 63339. inline defuser. It is hard to pick up some reviews. I currently using a 70 cm Bazooka with 110-litre tank and whilst I can run it at 4 bar I don't get that superfine mist that you see on YouTube clips. If I go inline with what I don't want to happen is for it to split as it ages. There is so much unbranded and rebranded stuff out there and some of it is trouble, that why I was looking at something like JBL.

I have a really small bazooka which has been in use a week and I do get a fine mist. But my Bazooka is only about an inch or two long. So 70cm bazooka you maybe arent generating enough pressure to push the bubbles through. Maybe I will be getting the backpressure if mine is too small? I have decided to look for a chart which tells you which one to buy.

Last edited:
Back