• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recomendations?

jimi

Hi All,

I have a Plant 3.0 in my (old T8 style Roma 200) and its the 46w version which I don't feel is enough to grow high light plants. I am looking for another light to pair with it but really cannot afford £200 for another medium size fluval plant 3.0

Can anyone point me to a light that I can pair with this that would up the wattage and the strength over all but without breaking the bank? I tried lifting the light but it went so dark at the substrate I scrapped that idea.

I have a co2 set up and am dosing with Evo Aqua Complete 20ml a day but my plants seem to be very slow growing. Much slower than when I had a 4 ft clearseal with two T5s and DIY Co2 back in the day!

Cheers
James

64 people and no one has an opinion on this? lol

Pleeease help!

55cm water column and you want low cost, high substrate PAR lighting o_O

HOT5 (or better VHOT5) with decent reflectors will give you substantially higher substrate PAR than Fluval Plant 3.0/2.0
- even if you add more of these ... they just aren’t designed for deeper tanks, the low intensity-low watt LEDs (combined with unit design) used in these light units just don’t deliver substantial PAR beyond 30-35cm water column depth

Twinstar S, AI Prime HD Freshwater, Kessil (especially the new 360X) are more suitable LED choices for deeper tanks
(obviously not budget friendly but look at the specifications on these lights and use that as your light criteria)

There are some DIY style topics where various flood lights etc are used to good effect (and obviously much more economic)

Juwel has some rather nice Set-up videos demonstrating suitable plants for lower light aquariums
https://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Service/Set-up-examples/
eg Lido 120
note the use of tall wood bringing plants closer to light (H pinnatifida would provide some red, also various Bucephalandra)

:)

Back